Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
'13 BD Coupe
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confirmed with my salesman, no more factory order Thunder Gray for the cts-v and the color is on hold for the ATS.

Says he's gonna keep me up to date if they start the color again.

Any insiders can chime in. Thunder Gray painters union on strike??

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
The miners who mined the pigment for the thunder gray in Zimbabway have gone on strike. They knew it was such a popular color they want their wages doubled, if the union agrees it will become available once again.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
1997BlackETC said:
The miners who mined the pigment for the thunder gray in Zimbabway have gone on strike. They knew it was such a popular color they want their wages doubled, if the union agrees it will become available once again.
Either that or got hit by a meteor.

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
A year and a half ago, or so, TG was unavailable because a supplier in Japan that manufactures the flecks, or flacks, that makes it ChromaFlair sustained heavy damage from the tsunami. The color was unavailable for about three months.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't think any of these cars are gonna hold their value very well when gas is 8 bucks a gallon, people won't be able to get rid of them fast enough. If rationing comes to be, then the cars will be really worthless.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If the cars are rare enough then somebody will want one and not care about the gas mileage. Besides, ETC, when was the last time you had a comment that was even the slightest bit positive?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I don't think any of these cars are gonna hold their value very well when gas is 8 bucks a gallon, people won't be able to get rid of them fast enough. If rationing comes to be, then the cars will be really worthless.
That was the fear when gas hit $4 a few years back. Then what? Gas went down and those trucks that were given away were valuable again.

I love when people predict high gas prices. It seems they always drop as though its meant to prove a point. Gas is high in the spring? "Oh no, gas will hit $5 a gallon in the summer!" By summer it has dropped.

Stop trying to predict doom and gloom. Buy a gas hog and drive it. Don't like it? Sell it.

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4
189 Posts
Gas prices will not hit $8/gallon even with the incompetence in Washington. It is entirely likely that within the next 5 years the US will be self sufficient in terms of oil.

BTW--it was during the 1973 gas crisis when people bought 427 Cobras for $5000 and Hemi Cudas were $2500, if high performance car prices crater because of gas prices I will be purchasing a warehouse to store my flurry of purchases.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ya, it does look greenish under a lot of conditions, sometimes looks close to the evolution green color.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts