Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 brougham,2001 deville
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I posted that my 01 Deville stalled on me a couple of times and threw a few codes. I had the Idle contol valve(module) changed along with the fuel filter(due). The ICV(M) was $257 at the dealer but I snatched it up for $150 from a friend that works for a dealership with his discount. I also did a search here and found that a gunky throttle body would also cause stalling. When I pulled the ICV(M) I saw that there was a thick layer of carbon on it.I removed the rubber intake boot and sprayed the throttle plate on the inside and backside and wiped it with a rag,that used to be white. I'm happy to say that the ol girl is more responsive than ever and idles smooth as silk. My hats off to this site again for provding the help and knowledge to keep costs down and problems solved.:thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
crimson tide said:
Last week I posted that my 01 Deville stalled on me a couple of times and threw a few codes. I had the Idle contol valve(module) changed along with the fuel filter(due). The ICV(M) was $257 at the dealer but I snatched it up for $150 from a friend that works for a dealership with his discount. I also did a search here and found that a gunky throttle body would also cause stalling. When I pulled the ICV(M) I saw that there was a thick layer of carbon on it.I removed the rubber intake boot and sprayed the throttle plate on the inside and backside and wiped it with a rag,that used to be white. I'm happy to say that the ol girl is more responsive than ever and idles smooth as silk. My hats off to this site again for provding the help and knowledge to keep costs down and problems solved.:thumbsup:
Great news, Crimson Tide! Glad you were able to get your baby running perfectly again. Thanks for coming back to let us know how it worked out for you! You'll find lots of good maintenance and repair information here to keep you and your Cadillac happy for many miles to come, and lots of friendly and knowledgeable people to fill in the gaps.

Cruise on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts