Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2010 Premium this past August, and just paid it off today. Not even a year old to me. First time ever without a car payment, this feels good :yup:

Deciding between a CTS-V or a convertible M3 for a daily driver now. I'll probably wait 6 months and enjoy the lack of payment though.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
That is a great feeling!! I've only ever had my Escalade payment so it was a shock to have a payment, but felt great when I paid it off. Congrats!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Congrats. Why are you not willing to daily drive your Esky? Run that thing into the ground! And may I suggest the new Corvette Stingray for a second car? I have one, and it is a fantastic machine. Blows away the M3, IMO.

·
Registered
2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4
212 Posts
It's an awesome feeling to be debt free!! Very few people will ever experience that. Congrats!!!
My wife is absolutely in love with the V. She wants one in the worst way, but we are waiting for the same awesome day that we, too, are debt free. We are really close to having our '11 EXT paid off, so it's looking like a V is on the menu pretty soon. She's wanting one before they switch over to the V sitting on the ATS platform. My research leads me to believe the V is still the better bang for our buck over all of the other brands available. (including: Warranty, Total option package for the $$, Cost to own over the life of the car, reliability, customer care, etc. Oh, and let's not forget HORSEPOWER!!!)
Keep us updated when you make a decision on your "daily driver".

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not planning on buying a brand new car. I've never seen the advantage to doing that. As soon as you drive away you just depreciated the vehicle. The closest I will buy to a new car is a demo model that is still considered a zero owner car. Most likely I won't do that either. I bought the Esky as a one owner, fully optioned, with 75k on it, and still under warranty for a year or 25k. It was a "last years model" when the original owner bought it, so it sat around for a year unused just waiting for the warranty to start - I paid $34k for it, much better than the nearly $80k tag it originally had.

More than likely the V will be an 09/10 model, and the M3 would be a mid 00's model. I'd be looking at either for both the better fuel economy, and the fun factor. I wouldn't want something too nice. I recently sold my GTO because I never drove it. Simply put I was too afraid of having it damaged, either by an accident, or even a door ding in a parking lot. It never fails, I can park in the furthest spot away from the building, and when I come out, someone is parked next to me. WTF?

Now if I could just pay of my house :bigroll:

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
I wouldn't want something too nice. I recently sold my GTO because I never drove it. Simply put I was too afraid of having it damaged, either by an accident, or even a door ding in a parking lot. It never fails, I can park in the furthest spot away from the building, and when I come out, someone is parked next to me. WTF?:
Even worse is the dealer damaging your car, and then sending it off to the body shop.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give you that, but the 04-06 GTO is a limited numbers car. Even the smallest of accidents have resulted in these cars being 'totaled' by the insurance companies.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
Yeah. I've taken the buying used approach for cars. They just depreciate way to fast. I also force myself to save up and pay cash. I can't stand payments so if I can't pay for it in full I don't buy.

Has worked well for me thus far

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Congrats on your payoff, I am sure it must be a good feeling. I have a ctsv coupe with 1600 miles on it just sitting in the back of my garage, it's where the hellcats needs to sit, it's 100% stock

·
Registered
2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4
212 Posts
OMG hcvone!! It's times like this that I'm so very glad that my wife is not on these forums!!!! That is one beautiful car!!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably more than I'm willing to pay I'm sure. If it's more than $30k I'm out.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
It does feel good to pay off your vehicles. I pay off all my trucks. Only problem is I usually keep them for only a year or so before I get the itch for a new one. LOL.

Sweet looking CTSV! I'm big into boats and this is the newest in marine propulsion. Under the cowling is a Caddy CTSV engine. Each engine is 557 HP and they have an option for 627 HP. Price per engine is $70,000.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Read up on those today... Nice.. Alot of power when you're running 4 and 5 of them

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have a link to an article for these? I'd like to share with my LS friends. I'm sure their jaw will drop as far as mine.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Yeah i saw that , are you looking at going with a new setup with outboards

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
187 Posts
Yeah i saw that , are you looking at going with a new setup with outboards
LOL....I wish I could afford those Caddy outboards. But not at $70K each. No I'm good with my twin 250 HP Evinrudes right now. And speaking of no payments, my boat has no payments which is very nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts