Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Nav CD (version 4.10c) and it seems like the "I agree" screen pops up a lot less than it used to. Cool.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Yep...mine only pops up about every 30 or 40 starts of so.
Haven't counted...just glad it quit popping up EVERY DARN TIME I started it. :cool2:

Do you now have a digital clock in the upper right corner of the nav screen?

Jim

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's
345 Posts
On my 09 I read in the Nav manual that is will pop up "every 50 starts".

While it's a big improvement, and we should be thankful for any elimination of these safety warnings, it's still annoying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

While it's a big improvement, and we should be thankful for any elimination of these safety warnings, it's still annoying.
On the old one it was every single time. Even if you went from "on" and then started it. Ugh.

Sorry man... no clock. But, I don't share your disappointment in the analog clock. In fact, it made the wife like the car more.

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
HEY there SuperJim,

Is it you that has the clock? What year is your SRX, and would you be so kind as to flash us a photo of that clock on your Nav?

The Lawyer screen is annoying.. but not near as annoying as not being able to pull up a destination while moving! Good thing I still keep my Garmin on board.

Oh yea.. my Garmin has the legal screen too.. but it only lasts about 20 seconds and goes away by itself. I experimented with the Law Screen on my Caddy Nav and it stayed up without ever going away until I finally touched the OK button after a few hours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

HEY there SuperJim,

Is it you that has the clock? What year is your SRX, and would you be so kind as to flash us a photo of that clock on your Nav?

The Lawyer screen is annoying.. but not near as annoying as not being able to pull up a destination while moving! Good thing I still keep my Garmin on board.

Oh yea.. my Garmin has the legal screen too.. but it only lasts about 20 seconds and goes away by itself. I experimented with the Law Screen on my Caddy Nav and it stayed up without ever going away until I finally touched the OK button after a few hours.
I noticed that under 5 mph I can still update my destinations. So, at least if you're creeping along you can mess with it still.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
HEY there SuperJim,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have a 2006 DTS, but I thought that some of y'all were using the same NAV update disk that I used.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. :canttalk: :canttalk:
I will shut up now.

Texas Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts