Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Wow. Hope they reconsider at least when manufacturers rent out the whole track.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Booooooo. Um, hello, the "Gruenen Holle" has a (dangerous) reputation, and yet people come to drive it? How about a disclaimer....."you drive like a dummy, you don't sue us for having the dangerous track".

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
just dumb...how about control the spectators not the cars...standing trackside is stupid.....this is a singularly unique place in the world, which is the reason manufacturers and fans flock to the place....they just killed the reason for going there instead of lesser tracks...not a good move for a venue near bankruptcy

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
Actually, I think the first question is if the V3 is fast enough for the speed limits to matter ...
^ LOL ^
V2 = 7.59.32
vsport = 8.14.10
V3 = ??

Imagine your car with a way better suspension, way better brakes, way better stiffness and chassis dynamics; plus another 220 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque....
Rather they get a Ring time or not: I'm sure the V3 will be very competitive with cars in its own class (and many that are outside its class category as well)

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Imagine your car with a way better suspension, way better brakes, way better stiffness and chassis dynamics; plus another 220 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque....
LOL! Way better!! :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Are you sure the VSport was 8:14? I thought it was faster than the V1.

Either way, the VSport is an excellent machine...
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a5309/go-news-2014-cts-v-sport-nurburgring-lap/

That is the ring time listed at jalopnik and road and track. Maybe there is a faster time too? I thought 8:14 was pretty impressive, regardless.

----------

LOL! Way better!! :)
"Way" is a scientific term I like to use when I don't know what I am talking about :)

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Jackass - it wasn't a comment about V1 vs V2 vs V3 vs VSport ... There are speed limits in certain sections of track. What is the usual speed in those sections? What level of cars does it apply to? Miatas? Vsport? V3? Or just the ultra top tier Radicals and 918s? Or not even them - only full on race cars make those speeds in those sections?

----------

Although the latest is that manufacturer records are totally banned, not just speed limits

http://jalopnik.com/the-nurburgring-banned-lap-records-1712496751

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Hmmm - I wonder if it was the V3 prototype crash that caused the death of the bystander? Anyone know ... ?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Are you sure the VSport was 8:14? I thought it was faster than the V1.

Either way, the VSport is an excellent machine...
it is faster... the V1 is only marginally quicker than a non V ATS 3.6 in a straight line(0-60 5.2 vs 5.4, 1/4 mile 13.1 vs 13.8) we know the ATS easily outhandles it (it outhandles most cars it's just about top of the class) and ATS out grips V1 with skipad and 70-0 braking (.92g vs .90g and 165ft vs 158ft...so in theory on a dragstrip V1 wins on a racecourse Non V ATS wins

V-Sport is 0-60 4.4, 1/4 mile 12.9, skidpad .97g, 70-0 149 ft

----------

good on Cadillac for making all of these cars and making them with continuous improvements

·
Registered
776 Posts
The CTS-V Gen 1 ring time was listed at 8:19, so the vsport is faster regarding the "ring"

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
36 Posts
it is faster... the V1 is only marginally quicker than a non V ATS 3.6 in a straight line(0-60 5.2 vs 5.4, 1/4 mile 13.1 vs 13.8) we know the ATS easily outhandles it (it outhandles most cars it's just about top of the class) and ATS out grips V1 with skipad and 70-0 braking (.92g vs .90g and 165ft vs 158ft...so in theory on a dragstrip V1 wins on a racecourse Non V ATS wins

V-Sport is 0-60 4.4, 1/4 mile 12.9, skidpad .97g, 70-0 149 ft

----------

good on Cadillac for making all of these cars and making them with continuous improvements
You're skewing the info. You're using manufactured times for the Non-V ATS, but for the V1, honestly I'm not sure where you are getting the info. Manufacture time is 4.6 to 60 for the V1. Now, whether or not you can actually produce this time stock, eh. Probably not. But at least use consistent facts. As for lap times, I'm not credible enough to give an opinion, but it's fair to say it depends on the track. A fast track like the ring, I'd have to disagree and say the V1 takes that, but again, I may be way off. I like all these new caddies! Keep em comin GM!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
You're skewing the info. You're using manufactured times for the Non-V ATS, but for the V1, honestly I'm not sure where you are getting the info. Manufacture time is 4.6 to 60 for the V1. Now, whether or not you can actually produce this time stock, eh. Probably not. But at least use consistent facts. As for lap times, I'm not credible enough to give an opinion, but it's fair to say it depends on the track. A fast track like the ring, I'd have to disagree and say the V1 takes that, but again, I may be way off. I like all these new caddies! Keep em comin GM!
all the times came from car and driver and confirmed with 0-60 times website...the manufacturer claimed 4.6 0-60 but it was not able to be replicated due to severe wheelhop...so maybe when the stars aligned and the unicorn perfect magic moment happened you could get below 5 seconds in that car but the consistent numbers are low 5's the ATS gets those numbers consistently by factory, and tests by the magazines in this case 'Car & Driver'

----------

The VSport is faster than the V1. I'd guess a 3.6 ATS is close. Down in power, but lighter and better handling.
it was kind of a lightbulb moment for me, when i had the thought 'holy cow...things have progressed to the point that the non V ATS is in former V territory'....sorta wild how powerful cars have become....here's another useless factoid....a Ferrari Testarossa couldn't drop a V1 or an ATS 3.6....and if the bad guys in Magnum PI had these Cadillac they would have lapped his 308 around the island

1 - 20 of 98 Posts