Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have they done away with the "instant" MPG feature on the 07 Escalade? I have had it in all my other Cadillacs. On this new one, I can only seem to access "Average" MPG. Not that "instant" was all that helpful to me in the first place, but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a smart move - do you really want to see 1.8mpg going up a hill?

Yeah, I see that point. :bouncy: But, I just wanted to make sure I was not an idiot. I like to understand everything about my vehicles and thought I might be missing something here.

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
Actually, that was gone by 2005 as my 2005 EXT did not have that.

Also gone (compared to my 2005):

Dual trip odometers (now only 1)
Engine hours (measurement of total number of hours engine has run)
Over head console (great for storing sunglasses)

CHANGE HOLDER!! WHY IS NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS?!! Have had this in EVERY Cadillac I've owned for 15 years!!

Have they done away with the "instant" MPG feature on the 07 Escalade? I have had it in all my other Cadillacs. On this new one, I can only seem to access "Average" MPG. Not that "instant" was all that helpful to me in the first place, but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife was complaining just the other day about there not being a change holder in her 2007 like she had in her 2004.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
A shame, as I rather like the instant MPG feature on my 2000 STS. Thing is, it doesn't cost GM much at all to add another display feature, since the programming was already done.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
My wife was complaining just the other day about there not being a change holder in her 2007 like she had in her 2004.
I've always been a GM guy but I have to agree.
I also went from an 04 to the 07 and will never understand what GM is thinking. Maybe they're not :bigroll:
You'd be surprised how many people buy other brand vehicles because the other brand has things like "lights in the glove box/console, and change holders etc"
Personally, if I'm going to spend 50k or more for a vehcile it would not hold me back if the Sticker price was a couple hundred $ more to have those items in the vehicle.
It's mind boggling :thepan:

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lack of the standard rear cargo net in both my 06 SRX and 07 Lade really gets to me. I have rigged something up for the 07, but it does not look factory fit perfect.

Back on topic, somewhat, I just took a 120 mile round trip yesterday. Only me in the vehicle, AWD, 18 inch factory wheels, avg speed around 60-65 MPH, 85 degrees outside or so , AC on all the time, just installed K&N drop-in filter, very little stops - was able to queak out 19.1 MPG with a feather light touch on the gas pedal. That was great news to me. Even better news, still no wind noise. I would suspect with "normal" acceleration, on a staright run, I would be at about 18.0-18.5 MPG. I was trying to see the very most I could get out of it. That rate rivals the MPG I was getting in my 06 AWD V8 SRX, which on a normal straight run with no stops would get 19.0.

Sorry, I ramble, but I love my new Escalade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I got 20.2 on my last Lake George trip, that included about 100 miles on town driving, a total of 815 miles, very pleased, of course I still get 11 in the city.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got 20.2 on my last Lake George trip, that included about 100 miles on town driving, a total of 815 miles, very pleased, of course I still get 11 in the city.

I think that would be very possible for me too (20.2) with the AC off for even a small period of time ...or after the truck breaks in (only has about 400 miles on it right now). I case I did not already say it, I love this vehicle!!!!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You will see a difference after 5k and after 10k, and even more if you switch to synthetic oils. I believe all 08' Caddy's come with Mobil 1.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the Mobil1 tip - will do. Loved it in my SRX. Oil stayed clean for 7500 miles.

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
I will be packing up the ESV tomorrow morning with my wife 3 kids and luggage for week in Myrtle Beach SC. My wifes truck has almost 14k on it so I am curious as to what the MPG will be. I got over 18 once on the highway. Once they are moving they aint that bad!!!! With a movie on for the kids with their headphones on I will be listening to XM while cooling my butt off with the A/C seats!! Life is good!!! When I get back I will let you know how it did on gas!

Anthony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts