Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In August I asked if anyone used a de-ionizer to wash their cars and nobody did. I figured with a black V and black 4Runner I would just do it as I am sick of hearing a leaf blower and messing with towels.

I bought the CRSpotless from Costco since if it sucked I can return it no problem. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

The water in our are is really harsh. I have the shower door to prove it. Washed the V yesterday and walked away. For the next two hours all I was thinking was having to polish out water spots. I went out and holy s**t not one spot anywhere. Expensive yes but so were our cars.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Thought the title said "No more DRIVING the V"
As I'm reading your post:
First, I'm like, what the hell is he talking about
Then, I'm expecting a horror story lol

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
keyword.. were

i might have to look into one of those. sounds nice

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum
237 Posts
Whoa - is this for real? I mean, like really for real? It just sounds too good to be true!

What's the build quality like? I mean, do you think it'll last 5 years+? If so, then it sounds worth it - just the time/effort/cost in towels/chamois would be worth it!

Lucky me, I'm a Costco member too so I just might have to be getting myself one of these!

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
yea how long do those filters last???

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum
237 Posts
Holy cripes - I did some digging on the net and this looks like the real deal.

Here' the companies' website: http://crspotless.com
They've got a page with some convincing videos (including the second one down with a black merc): http://crspotless.com/index.php?tpl=videos3

The only downside is that the unit requires consumables in the form of a resin (12 bags will do ~600 gallons for $245 from their site). I'm not saying it's not worth it, and I'm just not quite sure how far 600 gallons goes in the real world.

Speaking of which, I found a link to a Water Hardness map of the US here: http://www.qualitywatertreatment.com/city_water_guide.htm

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
I use some guys named Jesus and Paco, they cost like $12 and use my Griots microfiber drying towels.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I live in a dark green area. :lol:

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does not sound like it would last long but I will only be using it for the final rinse. The unit has a sensor that tells you when to replace the resin. If you buy it from Costco you get a resin refill.

I used it yesterday without my pressure washer and today with much better with as expected. Build quality is great feels solid. The Mr.Clean is the same concept but this is a much larger with a better build quality. I should have linked the videos from the company website but they are worth a look.

If you do the math it comes out to about 35 washes per $90 of resin. What sold me was a local guy that does mobile detailing and he had one mounted in his van. He said his lasted for 48 washes but he uses it for the full wash not just the final rinse. Plus he fills a bucket for each wash. If you only double the washes he does you get 96 for a rinse only or under $1 a wash.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,078 Posts
We have well water. It's softened for inside use but is hard for outside use. The hose is connected to outside faucets, and I bought a Costco chamois and use it right after washing to dry the car. It might be an extra step, but it works great! ... no spots!

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I figured with a black V and black 4Runner I would just do it as I am sick of hearing a leaf blower and messing with towels.
Sweet. I have the same exact cars in my stable! Color and type!

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Griots Garage just had one of these on their latest catelog cover

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
A little Calgon water softener (powder) added to the wash bucket has done well for me. It take very little and its real cheap. See the detergent aisle in any grocery store.

Ad: "Ancient chinese secret."

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
I agree with Randy (even though I have city water).....a little Chamois, and no spots. A little more time, but alot less $$

1 - 20 of 23 Posts