Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
None
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6-Liter Won't Offer Six-Speed Manual
Published Apr 15, 2011

Just the Facts:
The 2012 Cadillac CTS will offer modest changes, including a revised grille, but one significant mechanical alteration for the new model year will be the absence of a six-speed manual transmission on the CTS 3.6-liter-equipped sedan and coupe.
The 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6-liter-equipped Performance and Premium versions of the sedan and coupe can be ordered with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
For model year 2012, the CTS 3.6-liter-equipped Performance and Premium models are expected to be available only with a six-speed automatic, although the 2012 CTS-V coupe, sedan and wagon will continue to offer a manual gearbox.

DETROIT — The 2012 Cadillac CTS will offer modest changes, including a revised grille, but one significant mechanical alteration for the new model year will be the absence of a six-speed manual transmission on the CTS 3.6-liter-equipped sedan and coupe.

For model year 2012, the CTS 3.6-liter Performance and Premium models are expected to be available only with a six-speed automatic, a well-placed General Motors source confirmed to Inside Line, although the 2012 CTS-V coupe, sedan and wagon will continue to offer a manual gearbox, as will the base CTS 3.0-liter sedan.

The 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6-liter Performance sedan and coupe with rear-wheel drive can be ordered with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission, while the CTS wagon equipped with the 3.6 V6 is equipped only with the automatic. The manual gearbox option also is offered for 2011 on the CTS Base and Luxury sedans with the 3.0 V6 and rear-wheel drive.

Inside Line says: GM declined to specify why the six-speed manual is being phased out, but it is likely that installation rates in the CTS were too low to justify its continuation on all but the high-performance V-series models and the base sedan. — Paul Lienert, Correspondent

And I was probably going to get one next year. :(

·
Registered
08' Escalade ESV AWD
166 Posts
Can't say I'm too surprised they dumped the manual trans ... I really hope they don't do the same for the vette, not like I have one now but I could see myself getting one in a couple years and I will want the manual for sure.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Couple Manual
27 Posts
I found a used Manual 2011 Coupe. Is there a big difference vs the Automatic. I love manual cars. Is the manual worth waiting to find?

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
I clearly think so since I have the stick. The auto is a little sluggish but drop a gear with the stick & plenty of juice.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
I am not that surprised. manual stick are not very pouplar in states. Also automatics are getting much better these days. Even Ferrari opted for giving up manual transmissions. But their trannies can change gears in 20 miliseconds....so paddle shifters make sense....

I can see an end of fully manual (how we oldtimers know it ;) ) trannies.......

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,955 Posts
My auto trans absolutely sucks and I hate it. Reminds me of a Chevy Powerglide, if anyone here knows wtf I am talking about.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,955 Posts
My auto trans absolutely sucks and I hate it. Reminds me of a Chevy Powerglide, if anyone here knows wtf I am talking about.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
While I haven't thrashed around my car much in the four months I've owned it, I've read some reviews that have said that the auto tranny in the CTS is actually pretty good, especially when you let it auto shift in performance mode.

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
When I manually shift it is clearly much better - and more fun.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Actually I tried the sport mode in Georgia mountains, it worked better than manual! I was pleseantly surprised. But you have to push on gas and brake a couple of times so it "knows" what you want it to do....it is amazing when it downshifts during braking and you have 5,000 rpm when exiting the corner.....pure joy ;)

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Joy.

Isn't that the BMW tag line?

Reactions: mattt0305

·
Registered
2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan
588 Posts
Damn, if only 65 MTs were sold in 2011. That makes it a pretty rare car. Only 300 G8 GXPs had the MT. You could not even get the MT on the 6 liter nor the 3.6 . Well hell, there goes my dream car to be ordered.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
I pulled into a parking spot today and some lady in her 40s was completely shocked that I had a manual tranny in a Caddy.

Took me 2 and a half months to find this car. Fully loaded CTS but with a 6 speed manual.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts