Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new here and I purchased a 2009 Cadillac CTS from the auction but it has no keys can I tow it with a front wheel car dolly without damaging the transmission or is there a way to put it in neutral to move. The other question how do I go about getting a new ignition switch for it and changing it our any ass would be appreciated.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,955 Posts
The rear wheels are locked - how can you possibly tow it? How can you even get inside? With no key fob there is no way to unlock the doors and even try to start the car. I would contact my Cadillac dealer and talk with them first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its up for auction since the owner didn’t pay his garage bill for the repairs so it’s sitting at a compound at a towing company. They say there is no key but it’s unlocked so I’m trying to figure out how I can tow it back home without hiring a towing company. I’m looking at it on Saturday and will know more about it at that time just wanted to plan ahead if I do buy it.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,955 Posts
What kind of repairs? Was it 'fixed'?

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I won’t know till I’m able to see it I only know it was taken by the sheriffs dept for not paying the repair bill on it. I don’t understand why there is no key but it’s sold As Is with no guarantees it runs from the sheriffs who had it towed away for auction.

·
Registered
17,955 Posts
If the price is right then go for it. You can afford to throw some money at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s exactly my thoughts don’t mind putting time and money into it would prefer to use a 2 wheel dolly that a flat deck to bring it to my garage. I’m sure that if I do purchase it I’ll have many questions on how to do some of the work as well. Thanks for the information great to see others wanting to help people out with their vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts