Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeez. Is there really just about NO interest in the Catera and/or Cimarron? They WERE Cadillacs.. And it wasn't very long ago when the Catera was in the showroom. They weren't bad cars...

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Jeez. Is there really just about NO interest in the Catera and/or Cimarron? They WERE Cadillacs.. And it wasn't very long ago when the Catera was in the showroom. They weren't bad cars...
:shhh: We were trying to break a record.

Now we have to start all over again! :banghead:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Did the Cimmarion have twilight sentinal and the auto relase parking brake?

it also had leather seats, and the later years got the V6 with touring suspension..... what other thigns did it have over the Cavi?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
my ma's cimmaron had a manual parking brake release in the console, it was an '87 as i recall

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
I say Can the forum. If they want to post about Cimme's they can do it in General 'lac forum

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
We ought to wait til we have about 2,500 members before we get rid of any forum. The Allante section is slow, but a few folks show up from time to time. I can remebber when we started that I was the only one there, and then a few of the originals chipped in to help.

Lets give it some time and see what happens. I also think that some of the nasty comments may deter some folks from posting. Many of us have sounded off on what we like and dislike, but they are still Cadillacs and WE ALL SUPPORT CADILLAC"S and their OWNERS.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I agree also. Let it sit for a bit longer until we get more folks. I got the habit of looking at a new site and if I don't see a forum on the car I like I leave and don't bother to come back.

Reactions: BeelzeBob

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
But then that would include the eldorado :tisk:

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool. Post some pictures of yours when you get a chance.. Our Image section will be up and running again shortly...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Perfect

Geting the pic section again would give me some time because I still got some tuning do to make it special for all yo. I do my best and try posting pics of my car with view of where I live by Golden Gate Bridge and San Fransisco on one of those twisty roads with "Caddy that zigs sign below the picture'' hmm maybe not. LOL

Well remember I am trying to make this project special not for only me but also for all other Caddy and Catera owners to be proud of it.

(give me like 5 to 10 days to post thanks)

Hmm, just a thing I remembered who knows of Claudia the world famous model. Have you seen her with Catera on TV in the comersial they made runing away from the goast like around when Catera came out. (I have not seen it but i got a pic on my pc of it) I try getting some info.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Ls1 Catera project said:
Hmm, just a thing I remembered who knows of Claudia the world famous model. Have you seen her with Catera on TV in the comersial they made runing away from the goast like around when Catera came out. (I have not seen it but i got a pic on my pc of it) I try getting some info.

I've never seen a Claudia Schiffer ad only Cindy Crawford. BTW: Great name. I hope you are successful at putting an LS1 into a Catera. Will you stay AT or go with a 5-speed? I had advocated using a :worship: Northstar for a long time now and Cadillac Hot Rod Fabricators assures me that they can do it. LS1/Northstar, hey its badass no matter which one, eh?

·
Registered
106 Posts
scourge

My bad for type O.....

Its Cindy Crawford you are correct I always mix those 2 together no matter what. So many chix too many names to know of.

Thanks for you hoping me swaping the SL1. Well, I got a really good buddy hot rod sience mechanic which about 50 years old with probably 50 years of knowledge about swaps. He does project like 60's VW bugs with V8 small blocks in them which run low 13's at local tracks.

Back in the day me and my buddy came up to his house and asked him about my friends 87 MK3 Supra if he could swap it to V8 he told us its posible. That was in 2001. I have not seen my friend Supra or this Sience mechanic ever since. He lives by my house about 10 min away and I am sure once he sees the Caddie he is going to help me out for some money of curze. Its someting that would make him and me feel proud and he be happy to see one of his last projects he does before his last days he lives. Hmm trany ? I think I am going to stay with auto maybe with shift kit that would let me control engine speeds.

Thanks

Ls1 Catera project

S

·
0 Posts
Saw a Ford Crown Vic police intercpetor package with a 5 speed at the drifting D1 competition at Irindale on the Option Video #113. So, I would think a 5 speed in the Caddy would be nicer than an AT with the control it would give.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts