Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope somebody could help me with this problem I own a 93deville.... My issue is drivers side has no heat coming out the vents passenger side has warm heat. Also no air comes out the front vents just the (defrost) windshield. I replacedthe thermostat ,I replace the blower resistor and nothing changed...can someone help it's freaking cold. Dam almost forgot blower working better on high when lowered u can barely feel the air coming out.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,580 Posts
:welcome:

The delivery system on your car is vacuum controlled and defrost is the default mode in the event of a vacuum leak. Most common failure point is the parking brake release diaphragm (it's on the same vacuum circuit). If the parking brake does not release when you put the car in gear, that's your problem. Otherwise, trace the vacuum lines back to the programmer (#8) and the mode door actuator (#15).

As for heat only on the drivers side, try flushing the heater core. It probably has sealant tab residue settled in the bottom of the core causing the heat to be stratified as it passes through the core.

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/Page_Pr...orIndexID=09&minorIndexID=6C09-019&SortKey=38

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
:yeah:

Keep in mind, that even with everything working correctly, you'll never get heat out of the face level vents, only floor or defrost. And A/C will only come from the face level vents. There is no manual selection.

·
Registered
2005 Deville
13 Posts
We had similar issue with no heat coming out of lower vents. It ended up being a tiny plastic piece that connected to the actuator and actually "moved" the door. Like a hinge piece sort of. Had a devil of a time finding it - ended up at the Cadillac dealer and they still took two tries before getting the right part. I would advise always going for the simplest item first and then moving up the chain. Otherwise you spend a lot of money at the onset and may very well end up with a simple fix. We also did some vacuum line work as well.

·
Registered
93 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never would of thought i'd get no heat from front vents, only a/c comes through there. So it's normal for low setting to feel
As if nothing is coming out? Thanks for the info people i appreciate all the help.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,580 Posts
Ahh, guess I didn't read post #1 close enough. If you are talking about the dash vents, it is normal as MC said and you will get no heat on low or high settings. Heat comes from the floor and cooling from the vents. Cadillac decided that the car new best. Devilles did not get a mode button to give US control until 2000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts