Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I cannot get any significant heat out of the left center (drivers side) dashboard vent and the drivers side floor vent. Plenty of controlable heat comes out on the passenger side and out of the rear vents. Any one know the fix for this or is it a dealer only repair?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
A Tech2 scan tool would be helpful. You really need to see what codes are stored. A Tech2 also allows the user to check each different actuator for travel making a diagnosis easier. You might have a tough time with this one on your own.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of! Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order... at least for a diagnostic reading. Thanks ddalder!

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,593 Posts
This thread has been dead for 7.6 years. Maybe the OP is subscribed to this thread and will see your question.

Welcome to CF !!! What car, model, yer, trim level?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its a 2005 STS 4. I flushed the heater core and it did the trick. I read many other threads and it seams this is the solution. My heater core appeared clean but there must of been some sediment or possibly an air bubble. I now have heat on Drivers side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its a 2005 STS 4. I flushed the heater core and it did the trick. I read many other threads and it seams this is the solution. My heater core appeared clean but there must of been some sediment or possibly an air bubble. I now have heat on Drivers side.
Did you get cool air out of your vents, or none at all? I can only get cool air from driver's side, may try to flush my heater core.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts