Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2008 CTS. Just this morning I noticed I had no heat on the drivers side of my car. The passenger side is really hot as usual.

I tried adjusting the temp controls up and down on both sides.

Seems a lot of people are mentioning flushing the heater core, which seems odd but seems to work for most.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,908 Posts
seems to me if it were your heater core it wouldn't work at all...this sounds more like your blend doors for the air condition/heater system...can you try turning the fan to full and change from floor to defrost and to dashboard to see if that gets them to work???...

I believe there is a reset for this as well but you'll have to search for it (or perhaps someone who remembers will post a link)

I would also try all the easy stuff first...the hoses leaking or old?...the coolant full?...water pump good?...when was the last service done to the coolant?...does it still test strong?...

Good luck,

Bill

·
Registered
08 CTS none DI 3.6
243 Posts
I just fixed mine with the opposite problem, no heat on passenger side. Mine was the blend door actuator. Not the easiest thing to get to but doable, even for a fat old guy like me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts