Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 srx
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone ever experienced losing their heat after going to the dealer for an oil change and cabin filter change? I'm looking online but haven't found anything yet. Wondering if maybe when they put in the new cabin filter something happened?

thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Hasn't happened to me. Solution is simple - go back to dealer and have them fix whatever it was they broke. Even if it's something simple you could fix yourself you want to put them on notice.

·
Registered
2013 srx
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Was planning on that. May not be able to Monday due to a major snow storm. Just was wondering if it was a simple fix.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
There is one wire in front of the cabin air filter cover that has to be moved out of the way but I've no idea what it runs to. Maybe they carelessly knocked it loose? The filter is easy to get to. Just remove the four screws in the top of the glovebox and pull it out. Takes 90 secs with an electric screwdriver. The filter cover is then accessible.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I guess your service department could not spend a minute on testing their install before giving it back to you. Now its going to cost them way more time to fix it. Oh and make sure they don't charge you for the cabin filter if it was done under the premium maintenance plan :)

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance 2.8 L Turbo AWD traded for 2019 XT4 AWD Sport
95 Posts
We may be "lucky" "fortunate" whatever to have a service department that seems to like us because we always seem to get stuff fixed first time around but maybe you should present them with a bill for your wasted time and effort spent trying to figure out what they did or did not do to fix your problem.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
There is one wire in front of the cabin air filter cover that has to be moved out of the way but I've no idea what it runs to. Maybe they carelessly knocked it loose? The filter is easy to get to. Just remove the four screws in the top of the glovebox and pull it out. Takes 90 secs with an electric screwdriver. The filter cover is then accessible.
I would be very careful when changing the air filter. I did it myself several years ago. You can't see what may be lodged on top of the filter when you pull it out. If anything is sitting on top of the filter when you remove it, it will be scraped off and fall down into the blower. I had this happen with an acorn that had somehow fallen into the air intake and was sitting on top of the air filter. It fell down into the blower and caused an awful noise. I had to take it to the dealer to get it fixed to the tune of $125.00.

So, in my attempt to save some money it actually ended up costing me more than if I'd just had the dealer change the filter to start with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts