Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I recently posted this same question in the electrical issue discusion area, but still haven't uncovered an answer to my problems. For more history, please check that thread also. I thought I would poll the Eldorado/Seville owners here and see if anyone else has had a similar experience with their car...

I bought this '93 Eldorado recently, and it is a beautiful car, with two nagging electrical issues..

The headlights do not come on at all… either with the switch or with the twilight sentinal sensor, just parking lamps. The seller said this just recently was discovered after being in storage for 2 mo. or so. Checked the 30A circuit breaker in the Maxi Pod but found nothing. Swapped the relay in that same area with another identical one in the horn curcuit to no avail. I replace the dimmer switch on the column, and swapped out the headlight switch on the dash itself, and neither helped. I thought there should be a specific fuse for this circuit somewhere but cannot find it. The 2 bright lamps do come on when you pull on the signal lever for the flash-to-pass feature. Any other clues?? :banghead:

Blower motor does not work at all either. Don't think there is any connection there. The seller's comment here was that quit working about 4-5 mo. ago. It actually came on once just momentarily for about 30 seconds, kind of sputtering up and down on the motor speed, and then quit. I ran 12v direct from the battery and the blower motor fired up, so that's fine. Did try replacing the Blower Motor Control Module. It has two separate plug connectors, mounted on the top of the blower housing on the cowl. Although that was a junk-yard part, so that could be bad as well... Doesn't seem to have any power coming into the blower motor, so I'm thinking it is a relay or switch somewhere? Hope to fix this before the weather gets any warmer, need that A/C at more than just a trickle!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions as to where to look... :worship:

·
Registered
96 Concours, 90 Deville
112 Posts
sprucegoose said:
HI,

I recently posted this same question in the electrical issue discusion area, but still haven't uncovered an answer to my problems. For more history, please check that thread also. I thought I would poll the Eldorado/Seville owners here and see if anyone else has had a similar experience with their car...

I bought this '93 Eldorado recently, and it is a beautiful car, with two nagging electrical issues..

The headlights do not come on at all… either with the switch or with the twilight sentinal sensor, just parking lamps. The seller said this just recently was discovered after being in storage for 2 mo. or so. Checked the 30A circuit breaker in the Maxi Pod but found nothing. Swapped the relay in that same area with another identical one in the horn curcuit to no avail. I replace the dimmer switch on the column, and swapped out the headlight switch on the dash itself, and neither helped. I thought there should be a specific fuse for this circuit somewhere but cannot find it. The 2 bright lamps do come on when you pull on the signal lever for the flash-to-pass feature. Any other clues?? :banghead:

Blower motor does not work at all either. Don't think there is any connection there. The seller's comment here was that quit working about 4-5 mo. ago. It actually came on once just momentarily for about 30 seconds, kind of sputtering up and down on the motor speed, and then quit. I ran 12v direct from the battery and the blower motor fired up, so that's fine. Did try replacing the Blower Motor Control Module. It has two separate plug connectors, mounted on the top of the blower housing on the cowl. Although that was a junk-yard part, so that could be bad as well... Doesn't seem to have any power coming into the blower motor, so I'm thinking it is a relay or switch somewhere? Hope to fix this before the weather gets any warmer, need that A/C at more than just a trickle!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions as to where to look... :worship:
Maybe we could combine our cars to make one working electrical system. I have a 1990 Deville with parking lights that refuse to shut off without completely pulling the fuse...Help us both! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Headlights

Have you checked the wiring harness, I have seen cars that have been in storage for long periods of time become play toys for mice and other rodents. It wouldn't be the first time they have eaten through a harness or two. :spin:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
First order of business: Welcome aboard Spincity..... Thanks for signing up

In the future <sprucegoose>, dont start a new thread, rather resurrect the other thread.......

The only thing I have to offer is to check all fuses, fusible links, and harnesses....... Your problem probably isnt linked to a mechanical failure, but some bad wiring......

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
follow-up!

Spin city & Elweso: Yes, I agree with you 100% I am pretty sure this is what happened to mine. I found there was an open in a wire thatr went from the light switch to the relay for the headlights under the dash. The car had been in storage in a garage for 3 mo. or so.

Sorry about starting a new thread, I can understand now. Found my problems and posted the results in the electrical issues discussion, but had forgotten to follow up here! Incidently, what is the "Sticky" and why is that on this post?

Snyder81, thta is strange with your parking lights. Do you have the twilight sentinal on yours? I'm wondring if you do, and if that is wat could be failing and causing the circuit to stay on. It could be the switch itself of course. I would try to get ahold of the troubleshooting guide and schematic from the GM service manual. That helped me tremendously. Good luck! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts