Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
why would you drive a car with no fuel gauge for 22 months?
i always trusted the Fuel used Msg on the Center it worked out preaty good for me usualy sometimes it would flip out and loose a gallon or even gain a gallon but it treated me well over the last almost 2 years

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
got call at 7am dammm it going to kick davids butt thats the mechanic he wakes me up when he knows im sleeping lol

to tell me cars doen and ready

so i go pick her up new fuel pump new delco fuel filter
fuel injection cleaning

total bill after taxes with my own fuel pump suplied was 183.00 plus the fuel pump

not bad i think

what do you guys thing

oh and for the first time the gas guage works awesome lol

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Is OK as long as you consider it fair that's all it matters. To be honest in Canada you would have paid probably double that but still took me few minutes to change the fuel pump (once) and the fuel sender (in another occasion) on a '02 Grand Prix. The setup is almost identical.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
also he pulled the pump out and it was wet so he new there was gas in the tank but wanted to see how much fuel
he called me up erlier to mention it and he forgot to say it when i picked it up but he said he drained the tank and pulled about 9 gallons of gas out of it so that means it was never low int he first place
cause at most between what AAA brought me and what i had put in it was only like 5 and half gallons maybe 6 so there had to be another atleast 3 or 3 and half gallons in the tank at the time
and he does not understand if thats the case it wasnt burnt it just stoped working all of a sudden

any reason this could happen

he seems to think it was not from running it dry it just stoped working all of a sudden he thinks

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Is not about ruining it dry (or not only), the pump gets damaged in time if the fuel level around the pump is low. The fuel is what cools the pump. Low fuel level = hot running pump. Is not going to last long this way. Always have 1/3 fuel in the tank, is not like you spend more on gas, in the end you use the same amount of fuel.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok and 1/3 is the second mark from the E level mark right or is it the second mark from the left right ?

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
put it this way...when you go bellow half think about refilling.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
One would assume that, since there are 9 alternating large and small ticks on the fuel level gauge, the gauge is then calibrated in eighths.

As in: E, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, F

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
One would assume that, since there are 9 alternating large and small ticks on the fuel level gauge, the gauge is then calibrated in eighths.

As in: E, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, F

ok cool so what looks like 1/4 tank is really 3/8 th ok cool so refill by then at the latest ill be cool

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
ok cool so what looks like 1/4 tank is really 3/8 th
:bonkers: Like N* said, think about filling up once you hit half tank.

And FYI, 1/3 tank (33%) would be between 1/4 (25%) and 3/8 (37.5%) - THERE IS NO TICK MARK FOR 1/3 TANK.

·
Administrator
71,095 Posts
Welcome to the longest running fuel pump thread on earth.......................:banghead:

·
Administrator
71,095 Posts
The ol' double post trick again............cool.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts