Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the threads concerning the front seat heaters inop. My 2007 escalade also has no heat or cooling but I can hear the module clicking when the request for heat or cool occurs. The module I hear clicking is under the pass. seat and is the most inboard and forward location. All the connectors are in good shape without burn or discolouration. Has anybody encountered this before?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Is it clicking once or twice? Mine would click once, then a couple seconds later it would click again. You've checked the connections under the front and back of the passenger seat?

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked fuse and the clicking at the module is at the first touch and then only again when the heating/cool is turned off. No noise between levels of heat or cool. Will take another look at the conections at rear of Pass. seat. All other seat functions work and noise from the module would indicate power but what would be common after that point to cause failure?

----------

I'll get the 1/2" Tory socket tomorrow and remove the seat. That's the best way to get access to anything that may be an issue. Thanks for the replies, I'll update tomorrow.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Steve,

Mine did the exact thing, all wiring under the seat was fine and not burnt either, the dealer did a rewire of the harness and now crossing my fingers and knocking on all the wood I see, its still working. They may have replaced the module also, I cannot remember. if you are able to open the module you may see where the solder has disconnected from the board and if you are good with a soldering gun, its possible to re-connect these points. however, I would also do the wire harness modification, otherwise you could risk a fire. I have seen many pics of these toasted to a crisp on my research.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
If when turning it on, it clicks, nothing happens, and it clicks again 5 seconds later, check the 30a cooled seating fuse in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
If when turning it on, it clicks, nothing happens, and it clicks again 5 seconds later, check the 30a cooled seating fuse in the instrument panel.
That was what mine did but it ended up being the connection under the front of the seat.

12,778 Posts
Stevedf, I look forward to your updates! If you would like to work with a dealership at any point, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. I realize, though, that you prefer the DIY approach; so, I'm happy to see many forum members chiming in to help!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer Katie. I'm impressed by the attention paid by an expert and the possible technical insight that could be available from you and others.

Decided to have another look with better light. Rear most outboard (under ft pass. seat)cam lock connection had a slight discolouration on a 12V (red)wire connection. Cleaned it up and closed the female side for better contact, we'll see what happens when I take the better half out for dinner tonight.

----------

Thanks for the offer Katie. I'm impressed by the attention paid by an expert and the possible technical insight that could be available from you and others.

Decided to have another look with better light. Rear most outboard (under ft pass. seat)cam lock connection had a slight discolouration on a 12V (red)wire connection. Cleaned it up and closed the female side for better contact, we'll see what happens when I take the better half out for dinner tonight.

·
Registered
2008 escalade ext
4 Posts
I have the same problem, cannot see any wires or connectors burned.
Any ideas where to buy a ccsm ? How much is it?
My local dealer wants $ 160.00 to check it out, plus parts and labor .

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up after two fixes and failures by trying to clean and tighten, I ended up cutting out the wires and soldering two blade connectors in. Worked since.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV
25 Posts
Steve, did u happen to take a pic of the finished soldering job? Would really help me in fixing mine to see what it "should" look like afterwards.

----------

stevedf said:
Ended up after two fixes and failures by trying to clean and tighten, I ended up cutting out the wires and soldering two blade connectors in. Worked since.
Steve, did u happen to take a pic of the finished soldering job? Would really help me in fixing mine to see what it "should" look like afterwards.

----------

stevedf said:
Steve, did u happen to take a pic of the finished soldering job? Would really help me in fixing mine to see what it "should" look like afterwards. Sorry for the double post, still learning the tools of the site!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts