Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 95 Deville , It Does Not Show Temp When You Scroll Through Info On Dash , My Dad Has A 94 And 97 They Both Give Temp ,any Ideas On Why This Is Not Working On My Car ? Thanks

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
78 Posts
I have a 94 and I don't have a temp. gauge either :eek: . Maybe it was an option or standard on uplevel models? I know GM was big into optional dashboards in the 1980s and 1990s.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I think it can be programmed through the DIC but I forget how. It should be in the FSM if you have one.

·
Registered
"94 sdn deville R.I.P." 91 sedan deville 1978 eldorado
74 Posts
hey just curious is there any way to rig up external oil, temp, volt gauge cluster or even a tach just to bolt on to the console? if so how?
i wasn't sure due to the digital dash and its wiring

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of course you can install aftermarket gauges. Remove oil pressure sending unit near the oil filter and with the proper fittings you could use a mechanical or electric oil pressure gauge. Volts is simple, just find a wire that has power with the key on and tap into that. Temp gauge same as oil pressure, remove factory sending unit and install aftermarket sending unit in it's place.

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
Ok,

See this thread I posted some time back to "upgrade" your 95/95 Deville digital IPC to show Coolant (engine) temp, Engine RPM's and Battery Voltage.

Link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42347&highlight=shazaam

This isn't too difficult and it works great. I did it several months ago, and a number of other members of the forum have done this mod as well.

Basically, the IPC programming procedure adds these 3 missing parameters to your DIC display.

This will also save you the hassle of adding aftermarket gauges, unless you really want to.

KDirk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts