Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS4 Northstar4.6L 2006
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is faster than 60 mph, the vehicle locks and unlocks. every light in the cluster turn on and turn off and there is a message that appears that says: Repair vehicle (air conditioner:confused:) every 3, 4 minute. and one time, the car turn off on highway:suspense:

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55
705 Posts
Re: signal: vehicle repair

How long have you had this vehicle,
Sounds like a FLOOD car ?
I could be wrong.
Happy Motoring :):):)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
today any problem....its just sometime.... 140 000k and i buy the car at 130 000 last june

K

·
0 Posts

Look for any rust where it shouldn't be like inside the truck, on the seat tracks etc. If you find any, most likely the car is a flood car and the electronics are seriously compromised. Car is unrepairable.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts

Calling this a 'flood car' is a grand leap considering the limited facts (though in fact it might be a flood car); sporadic electronic 'happenings' can also be something as simple as bad groundings (though finding them might not be so easy). Pretty sure this vehicle is going to be sprouting codes, and if no codes can be retrieved, the ECM may be 'toast'.

K

·
0 Posts

Unexplained rust in unusual place could indicate the car has been in water. I would rule that out first if I were him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ho yes my friend have a cts 2006 and he had this probleme te interior light dont work becausethis probleme.... im gonna watch this

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,213 Posts

Every car I've ever owned has had rust over time on unprotected metal parts (including things like a floor shifter, brackets in the dash, some seat parts, etc). This is not necessarily a telltale sign of a flood car. This problem can be explained by a faulty module communicating on the data bus or a number of other possibilities (wiring, connectors/connections, etc). This clearly requires a logical diagnostic approach to determine exactly what is wrong. I will admit though that it 'may' not be easy to track down depending on what it turns out to be.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts

Electrical problems that come and go are the biggest troubleshooting challenge in the industry. The usual scenario is for the car to go from shop to shop where either somebody stumbles on the cure or the car becomes undrivable and is scrapped. The best scenario is for the car to go completely dead to where the trouble is hard and fast rather than dodging you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no electricity no power

Cadillac sts4 2006 4,6L, i open the door i press de brake to press to start the car and i ear a little click and after no more electricity in the vehicule

----------

its ok i found the probleme......bad connection of the baterie :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
probleme: fob or sensor?

My car (purchased used) has multiple electronics issues and I'm wondering if it's a fob battery issue or related to other nuisance electrical bugs I've got going on. (Hood ajar warning when it ISN'T ajar; check theft system; check stability system, etc...) I can't lock the car or the alarm goes off thinking there was a theft attempt. and the car turn off on the road :( or the car look like reset the car while running and change the fob name without the other fob inside the car :S i need some help because i dont have the money for a dealer check

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts
Re: probleme: fob or sensor?

Look for mud and rust in strange places; maybe a fish under the back seat. This sounds like a flood car. Multiple unrelated electronic problems indicate a catastrophe in a prior life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

i found it. I open a litle bit le floor from de fuses boxs under de back to te front driver side and i found some water so now What should I do to remove the driver's seat and the carpet (floor) . and clean water?

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts

Unless you are an electronics whiz I'd say your problems are about as far from DIY as you can get. This isn't a project. It's more like a career.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope I'm wrong for your sake. I'm assuming you bought this thing for a very low price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts