Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded pursuant to this forum's great instructions-cudo's.

I have not been able to get a dvd yet. Does the GPS unit need the dvd? Which functions will not work without the DVD?

My gps always says I am in China. I look out the window - no Great Wall, no Chinese and I do not remember the trip!:bonkers: Am I on drugs or is this normal!

Car '03 with everything but nav. My digital clock will only let me set it to GPS Auto- I am now on chinese time but i don't know the Province, to compound things my watch just dies and I have this strange craving for Moo goo gai pan- go figure!:banghead: Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Without installing the VSS wire and GPS antenna, the mapping won't work. If you installed both, double check the VSS terminal as it goes into the C2 connector, and the crimp installed behind the IP. Also, you need to be in clear sky view for at least 6 minutes (that's how long a full alminac needs to download after it's completed a search of visible spacecraft overhead).

You'll also needs a map disk if you want to Navigate. The radio and CD functions should work without any additional harnessing. If you got a DVD Nav, you'll obviously need the DVD disks. If you got the CDROM based Nav (early pewter dash cars), the CD's come in a set of 10 or 11, but you'll only need to get the ones that you need. All are available from Zenrin (the OEM) for the Infinity cars.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
odysseus said:
Without installing the VSS wire and GPS antenna, the mapping won't work. If you installed both, double check the VSS terminal as it goes into the C2 connector, and the crimp installed behind the IP. Also, you need to be in clear sky view for at least 6 minutes (that's how long a full alminac needs to download after it's completed a search of visible spacecraft overhead).

You'll also needs a map disk if you want to Navigate. The radio and CD functions should work without any additional harnessing. If you got a DVD Nav, you'll obviously need the DVD disks. If you got the CDROM based Nav (early pewter dash cars), the CD's come in a set of 10 or 11, but you'll only need to get the ones that you need. All are available from Zenrin (the OEM) for the Infinity cars.
Ody, i have the cd rom nav, so if i buy the Zenrin discs they will work??? Ive been looking for an updated CD, the problem is I cannot find Updated CD ROM navs from Cadillac.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I know the Zenrin DVD ones work (I'm using one now). The Infinity and CTS Navs use the same map disks. I recall a member in the past buying and using the CDROM disks successfully. The only issue is cost. One DVD with the entire US and parts of Canada are around $190. The individual disks total over $700 if you buy them all from Zenrin. Personally, I'd only buy the one I needed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved ! No car! I was stopped at a red light and a teenager "didn't see me". Rearends me-turns me around 360 right into the 4 driving lanes. I had the presence of mind to pull it over to the shoulder.

I am beat up but alive! The CTS is actually well protected for this kind of accident.

Damage - rear bumper, trunk lid, driver's quater, driver's passenger door, door frame bent - sun roof spung and buckling in the front and rear driver side doors -------quess---- $10k"

Medical bills - $4,000 !

Pain and suffering - who knows ! $30k ?

Loss of pride of ownership in a car I really liked -priceless!

·
Registered
04' CTS Luxury Sport, 2010 RWD Platinum Escalade
51 Posts
So sorry to hear that....let me give you the ol' "at least your ok" and if you wanted to upgrade the car...the possibilities are now endless...i think....

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
redrock said:
Problem solved ! No car! I was stopped at a red light and a teenager "didn't see me". Rearends me-turns me around 360 right into the 4 driving lanes. I had the presence of mind to pull it over to the shoulder.

I am beat up but alive! The CTS is actually well protected for this kind of accident.

Damage - rear bumper, trunk lid, driver's quater, driver's passenger door, door frame bent - sun roof spung and buckling in the front and rear driver side doors -------quess---- $10k"

Medical bills - $4,000 !

Pain and suffering - who knows ! $30k ?

Loss of pride of ownership in a car I really liked -priceless!
damn man, same thing happened to me a little over a year ago. It was in my MINT 2000 DTS, i truly loved that car. I know how you feel right now. Kid didnt see me, rear ended me in rush hour traffic, sent me across 3 lanes onto an embankment. Totalled the car, I was fine. It was real nerve racking trying to find a new car after that. But hey, like the other guy said, now you have a lot of choices! Take it easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts