Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 XT5 Sport. Build sheet lists TSP -- which is supposed to include light pipes in the console -- but I have none. I removed one of the side pieces and there's nothing there. Anyone have success in bringing this to the dealer's attention?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,966 Posts
My 2020 Premium Luxury also has TSP, but no console light pipes. From the discussion in another thread, the information pointed to TSQ as the build code that will include light pipes.

·
Registered
2020 XT5 Platinum in Red Horizon Tintcoat and Maple Sugar interior
727 Posts
The build sheet on my 2020 Platinum has TSP which says "Lighting accent, light pipes in console, doors".

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
This from the order guide was posted by @Maximumkk which points to TSQ as the light pipe along console.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do you have the console light pipes?
Where are they supposed to be exactly? I was just quoting what my build sheet says. My Platinum is pretty much option maxed out and there is no TSQ on the build sheet, just the TSP that says "light pipes in console".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My build sheet does not have TSQ, but the order guide above says TSQ is standard on the Sport model. My build sheet shows TSP, which was available on the Sport, and I do have the light pipes in the doors. Mine was a relatively early 2020, having been built 1/4/2020.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Maybe no XT5 actually has the TSQ RPO code and instead just has the TSP code because if my car doesn't have the TSQ code (for 2020 anyway) I don't think any of them would.

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,179 Posts
Strange, as the XT5 2020, 21, 22 order guides still list TSQ console light pipes as included on certain models.

I am awaiting my build sheet for mine. I have white door pipes and white spot (ambient lights) in headliner, under console, and footwells. I do not have console light pipes. 2021 XT5 Prem Lux w/ Platinum. Maple Sugar interior.

A family member's 2017 Prem Lux has them (black interior), in blue as well as on the doors in blue too. White spot (ambients) overhead console and footwells.

Maybe GM dropped the console pipes after 2019 model year but has not fixed the order guides. Or switched from side light pipes to a single ambient light under the console in the storage area and did not fix the description in the guide.

Can anyone with a 2017 thru 2019 confirm if they have console pipes AND a single LED under the console in the storage area, or just the console side pipes?

Max

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5 Platinum AWD
99 Posts
Can anyone with a 2017 thru 2019 confirm if they have console pipes AND a single LED under the console in the storage area, or just the console side pipes?

Max
2018 Platinum EU Version.
I have console pipes AND a single LED under the console in the storage area.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Where exactly are the console light pipes supposed to be located? My g/f has a 2017 Premium Luxury and I want to compare her interior ambient lighting with my 2020 Platinum.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok thanks. I've had that panel off already and there are no lights pipes in there. I don't think any 2020 has them regardless of what the RPO TSP says. I'll check on my g/f's 2017.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Perhaps the console light pipes were not included in the console redesign for 2020 and the ordering guide was not updated.

Is TSQ applied to any 2020+ XT5? Perhaps not.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Removed the side console panel on my g/f's 2017 Premium Luxury and there are nice blue light pipes in there which aren't on my 2020 Platinum so I guess GM cheaped out and stopped that feature when they refreshed the center console area. Too bad.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
737 Posts
It's these small details that pisses people off about Cadillac. LED strips are sooooo cheap. Just give all models some cool ambient lighting, c'mon. People go ga-ga over some custom interior lighting options these days, and it's probably the cheapest cool thing they can do. Look at the new CT5 interior at night, snoozfest. Even the "V" version doesn't have light pipe ambient lighting. Just some footwell lighting.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's these small details that pisses people off about Cadillac. LED strips are sooooo cheap. Just give all models some cool ambient lighting, c'mon. People go ga-ga over some custom interior lighting options these days, and it's probably the cheapest cool thing they can do. Look at the new CT5 interior at night, snoozfest. Even the "V" version doesn't have light pipe ambient lighting. Just some footwell lighting.
I totally agree.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So are those light pipes integral to the console, or could the dealer add them, if they were inclined to do so?

·
Registered
727 Posts
The light pipes are simply a long thin tube which is held in place by clips which are attached to the sides of the center console. At the end of the tube is a plug which connects for the power. I suppose the pipes could be ordered and installed and a power source tapped for connection. When I go in for my next oil change I will inquire more about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts