Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No Competition Mode Without sensors??

852 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  FLCADDYADVISOR 
#1 ·
I have a general question. I cannot get the car to go into competition mode. The dealer spoke with GM tech and they said the PSI tire sensors need to be read by the PCM or it will not go into competition mode. I have a 2nd set of wheels for the track and have those on the car right now, but I swear I ran it this way last year without the sensors and it worked. My race wheels do not have the sensors in them.

Has anyone else had this as an issue?

#8 ·
Most people have this problem because as soon as they get home, the car sees the TPSs in the old wheels and flips out. You need to move the old ones a long way away from wherever the car gets parked.

Gene, your new Nav unit may not have been told it's in a V. A LOT of dealers forget that part of the swap.

#10 ·
If one goes bad but it still sees the other three, then it will not work. If you drive it 50 miles and it never sees any of them, the abililty to go in to Comp mode returns. The trick is keeping it away from tire sensors, because if it sees them, then doesn't, it assumes a flat and takes away comp mode for safety's sake.

#11 ·
I don't have TPS sensors in my track wheels and when I went to the track (~30miles away) the car DID allow me to go into Comp mode. I had my radio replaced over a month ago and the dealer forgot to program it for the V. It thought it was in a regular CTS. It wouldn't go into Comp mode until it got reprogrammed.

#12 ·
First things first.....the dealer isnt going to know/ or attempt to try to rig or motify the system to get it to work with aftermarket product plain and simple. So enough of the dealer bashing becuase the first time you break some thing while you where "driving it normal" you get it towed to the dealer where some saint (thats me) bails you out! OK now that I got that off my shoulders as far as the dealers stand point I know of no fixs to get them to work without putting your sensors in your aftermarket wheels.....which isnt really a bad idea. Just watch out who installs them cause the sensor are made of plastic and do break easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.