Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Next week my car gets inspected, my dealer said he would give me sticker then take cat's out and replace with straight pipes I have, these are B&B fast cats that I have now on there with headers, has anyone done this? I am a little worried how much louder it will be, but my tuner said I should pick up 4 HP doing this......I would love it if someone has sound video of same setup.......thanks!!

Dean

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Re: no cat"s

No offense Dean, but your running 400HP at the wheels and you're doing this to gain another 4, maybe ?

Sorry I can't help, I'm running F.F. Cats with headers.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts

I ran RT Cats with Headers....Headers give you the gains, not the cats.

F

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts

You guys are missing the point: The car does 0-60 in 0 seconds. With another 4hp, he can actually travel back in time!!

:D

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

You guys are missing the point: The car does 0-60 in 0 seconds. With another 4hp, he can actually travel back in time!!

:D
Heh, I will never get tired of that quote.

No cats does = stinky, BUT you do get that added possibility of flames shooting out the tail pipes, due to unburned fuel notgetting eatn by the cats....WOOOT! :thumbsup:

-Chris

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

did you say flames!!!!! holy crap, except for the stinky, I get to look cool at night!!!! bad news, girlfriend said it will wake up neighbor hood, she says that she can still hear my car when she is showering in morning....I might have to re-think this..

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

Way too much information for a car forum.
To the contrary, I am sure most would not complain if he posted pics of the shower scenes.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

search my old threads
i too lamented the stink. now i dont smell it. catless 2 years now. not to discredit anyone but the car IS perkier without them. the smell...either goes away or you get used to it. windows down in spring? cant tell. windows up in summer? cant tell. however, i do have the activated charcoal AC cabin filters, so i'm sure that helps. i would indeed recommend dumping the cats, getting the tune to turn off the rear O2s, and buying charcoal cabin filters from rockauto.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

well, this is rite after shower guys...hehe
OK, I'll be more specific then. We'd like during shower pics of her, not you. :D

Serioulsy though man....FLAMES shoot out my %&*&$%!

-Chris

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts

Dean- I agree with URB, the guys that say the stink is awful prob tried going catless, experience the smell, and put them right back on. When I first went catless I noticed the smell as well, but after a few weeks, for whatever reason the smell dissipated. I love catless and with the exception having to get my state inspection in 30 days, would never go back!!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

Dean- I agree with URB, the guys that say the stink is awful prob tried going catless, experience the smell, and put them right back on. When I first went catless I noticed the smell as well, but after a few weeks, for whatever reason the smell dissipated. I love catless and with the exception having to get my state inspection in 30 days, would never go back!!!!
I am curious - is the smell everyone here is talking about the same smell that all cars had in the pre-1972 era when everything was "catless" or do modern cars (computer controlled/fuel injected, etc.) produce some new odor when run catless?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Bigandy-how much louder was it? did you also feel any more power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts

The increase in power, smell, and noise is all dependent on how well your B&B hi-flo cats are performing right now. While I think you'd notice a significant increase in all these areas if you were going from stock cats to none, the B&Bs may be such that you wouldn't notice much of an increase in one or all of these areas. Also, don't know how strict NC is, but they are getting tighter with these restrictions around here and won't hesitate to right you an equipment ticket for not having cats. In some areas the fines can be pretty high (see CA). Just more food for thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts