Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Here goes: my Car 2000 WS6.
LS6 intake,MAC Mid Lenght headers, hi-flow cats, exhaust, Comp Cams 228 230 .571 .592 at 112 LSA, Tubular lower control arms, tubular panhard rod, Mcleod twin disk clutch and steel flywhee, 3.42s, full bottle of N20 with 100 shot jets installed and a bunch of small crap I can't remeber.
I was rolling down highway 104 and oh I see it. A bright red F550 so sexy, they are rated at 485 CHP and 440 FT/lbs of toruqe at the crank top speed 200 mph 1/4 miles I have seen 12.70 to 12.20 at 114 to 117. I pulled up next to the guy. Burp the the throttle a couple of times and he was (I found out later)out to play.
First run from 50.
I had no trouble pulling him til 120-130 where he went around me easily and countinuned to pull away. I had about 2-3 cars to 120. After that his gearing and aerodynamics took over
Second one from a 20 MPH.
Man those things don't do as well down low as I thought they would gearing I guess. But right around 120-130 again he started to go around me.
Well I followed the guy into the gas station. What a hell of dude. Showed me all around the car. He really looked mine over good.
He was real happy to see a Trans Am that was that fast. We must have chatted it up for 45 mins.
Retired Navy Captain. I was in the Navy for 11 years, so we had a bunch in common. Just was a good time and good way to go down kicking.
It is nice to be humbled from time to time, even though sunday it took a Ferrari.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lucky I was up there that day, the wife and the kid were up north so I went for cruise.
I see a bunch of exotics around here, Microsoft guys...Never want to play, but a retired Navy Captain, it was just cool to get the beat down from this guy.

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
25 Posts
It's cool when a "normal" person uses a car like that how it's suppoed to. Couldn't ask for better competition!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Awesome. I love to hear people using exotics how they are intended to be used.

I agree. I have a friend with four Ferrari's, including a F430 Spyder F1, a 550M and 575M and a 612 Scaglietti (sp?). He only does the wknd cruises with them...except the 550M, which he drives quite often. They've NEVER seen the track, and probably never will under his ownership.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I have a friend with four Ferrari's, including a F430 Spyder F1, a 550M and 575M and a 612 Scaglietti (sp?). He only does the wknd cruises with them...except the 550M, which he drives quite often. They've NEVER seen the track, and probably never will under his ownership.
Holy shit, we need to start hanging out...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Good run man! If I had 2-3 cars on him by 130mph, I would have claimed a victory. That's plenty fast for a street race.

I raced a PT Cruiser turbo the other week and I was beating him easily not even WOT. Around 110-ish, I shut it down, and he stayed into it, passed me back and just keep going I guess until he reached top speed. I'm like whatever, that's to fast for the streets.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are correct, but Highway 104 at least this part is flat and in the sticks. So it is nice place to run flat out. No other cars, I suppose you could hit a deer and that would suck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts