Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help have 00 Catera with no brake lights. I checked all fuses under panel. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
321 Posts
How about the third brake light? Does it work? If not I'd say the switch by the rake pedal is bad. If it works than check the bulbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for reply. But you are right the third light does not work. Is the switch hard to fix?

BgTirvin

·
Registered
115 Posts
omermurat said:
It's located on top of the brake pedal. With a flashlight you should be able to see it.
yeah omermurat is riight. I found it very easy to change aside from contorting my body to get a good position under the dash to take it out

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brake light switch is bad also (1997 just bought, no other problems.) Just wondering where you found the part, what exactly its called (found something on Autozone.com called stoplight switch? is this it?) and just double checking that it is right above the brake pedal. Thanks for any replies that I may get.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tifffs said:
My brake light switch is bad also (1997 just bought, no other problems.) Just wondering where you found the part, what exactly its called (found something on Autozone.com called stoplight switch? is this it?) and just double checking that it is right above the brake pedal. Thanks for any replies that I may get.
i got mine from the dealership cause i didnt wanna wait to order it and drive around with no brake lights. As far as i know it is simply called "brake light switch". you may want to go to an autozone and see if its the same thing if they have it in stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts