Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 97 Concours. The blower fan quit working, and I really don't think it's defective. Also the cooling fans are not coming on when the A/C is activated. You can hear the A/C compressor cycling on and off but no fans.

Any body ever had any of these symptoms ?
Your help is appreciated .

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
97 concours said:
This is a 97 Concours. The blower fan quit working, and I really don't think it's defective. Also the cooling fans are not coming on when the A/C is activated. You can hear the A/C compressor cycling on and off but no fans.

Whats up
What u seem to have is a bad blower motor. From what i understand this is a bad design from caddi. There are a coouple of threads in this section dealing with chekcing the circuits, and connector. Mine was fried, so i bought an aftermarket Ac delco i think, and had a friend install. Cost 210 for part and 30 to friend ( he needed the cash). Or if u got the dough the dealer will set u up for 500 and change........ Yea thats what i said!

Anyway check forum for other realted threads and good luck!

SLS LUV

·
Registered
19 Posts
It might not be the blower fan yet,but dont check the male connector to the blower fan.I had blower fan checked dealer said it was open on the negative ,bought a new one . It worked on &off checked the module side connector found the neg. female pin connector bent corrided from the other blower. cleaned up and secured walla HEAT.IF not checked it will work till shook loose and burn out a good blower motor.

97 concours said:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Qcaddy