Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, I live in Canada and they sold me a xt4 without a block heater & want $1500 to install one, "WHAT". There reasoning was, made in USA and the vehicle does not offer a cold comfort package, why sell it in Canada then, never again, beware cold weather buyer's

Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
What, I live in Canada and they sold me a xt4 without a block heater & want $1500 to install one, "WHAT". There reasoning was, made in USA and the vehicle does not offer a cold comfort package, why sell it in Canada then, never again, beware cold weather buyer's
No, you bought an XT4 without an engine block heater.
One would think that if it was such an important feature to you, confirming its availability would take place before purchasing the vehicle.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
No, bought 5 new GM vehicles in the last 10 years, all have block heaters from factory, be like buying a car from California without a sun roof, think about it.
let me see if I understand this. A block heater is a big deal where you live. You didn't do your due diligence. So, somehow this is the dealer's fault? Your statement "they sold me a xt4 without a block heater" is not accurate. You bought an XT4 without a block heater. Sorry, you own the problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing, its my problem, just wanted future cold climate buyers of a Cadillac XT4 to know buyer beware. They are putting out a product that should have a block heater that they don't even have the option available to purchase with it. In the areas it counts the most.

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
A block heater is crap. If you live up north install the gasoline fired engine heater. Much more efficient and will heat the cabin too.

You will need to install a battery charger too and cables for that.

Good luck.

Meanwhile a trick that works for me (living @55.7N latitude): press lock, press start engine, wait 5 mins, go away in hot car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 XT4, 70 Cougar conv, 2002 DTS
Amazing, its my problem, just wanted future cold climate buyers of a Cadillac XT4 to know buyer beware. They are putting out a product that should have a block heater that they don't even have the option available to purchase with it. In the areas it counts the most.
Just checked the "build and price" feature on the Cadillac website for the XT4. There IS an option for engine block heater. It is listed under "mechanical options" for $100. See here:
As others said, you didn't do your basic homework; it's on you.

Registered
While test driving it I asked if it had block heater, sales guy said "I am pretty sure all Alberta vehicles have a block heater, its needed for Alberta" I felt foolish having asked, Only later to find out, a month after the purchase when I wanted to plug it in, that it was not there. Sales guy then confirmed via email, that per his spec sheet, it did NOT have block heater, he then replied that sometimes they order it, sometimes they do not. He denied me having asked the question (My husband was in car also and heard my question) SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT.

Registered
While test driving it I asked if it had block heater, sales guy said "I am pretty sure all Alberta vehicles have a block heater, its needed for Alberta" I felt foolish having asked, Only later to find out, a month after the purchase when I wanted to plug it in, that it was not there. Sales guy then confirmed via email, that per his spec sheet, it did NOT have block heater, he then replied that sometimes they order it, sometimes they do not. He denied me having asked the question (My husband was in car also and heard my question) SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT.
Although it is still on you an honorable dealer or salesman would have made it right. good PR and costs them virtually nothing,

Registered
I鈥檝e had my loaded AWD 21鈥 Sport since June 21鈥, Made sure it had every option package available, whether I thought I needed it or not. Including the Block Heater, Battery Protection and Spare Tire鈥.Haven鈥檛 used any of them yet, and Yes I鈥檓 from Alberta, Canada鈥n an acreage in the country no less, no garage.
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Land vehicle

I used the Cadillac Build and Price online to make sure I was getting everything I wanted鈥
The only thing missing once I got home was the Battery Protection (Trickle Charger in a box), that was on the window sticker, so I went back to the dealer and the parts department ordered a new one for me no questions asked.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting

I bought during the Employee Pricing promo, $4k off MSRP.
The dealership owners wife put 3K km on it (all highway, driving back & forth from Edmonton to Canmore), so they knocked off another $5K from the price, added front end PPF, Ceramic Coated entire vehicle. (Paint, Glass and Wheels) Wolfe Cadillac Rocks!

Couple months later I went back and they put together a matching set of wheels and winter tires at a huge discount. (I refuse to use fugly black steel wheels from crappy tire or Costco).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts