Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time newbie here. Bought a used 2003 CTS the other day. Radio cluster powers on selects stations, instrumentation all works fine it appears. No sound at all however. No radio, door beeps, chimes or any sounds at all inside the car. Doing some research online I'm zeroing in on the amp fuse under the seat or the amp itself. Looking at some diagrams it appears the amp fuse is larger, like a relay perhaps. Is there a way to test this with a meter? Then there's the bose amplifier. Do these die often? Any info would me greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't changed anything yet. Just doing some process of elimination research so far, plus I have a nice bluetooth speaker to keep me going till I fight the TN heat and humidity to actually get after it. Question, when your amps died, did all beeps chimes dings or whatever inside the car also die? Not just radio? And you've had 2 amps die you said?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes. The amp controls all sounds, chimes, etc. Dead silent.

The replacement process is easy to do. takes 10 minutes. I had my original one die, so I bought a new one. That died about a year later so I bought a BRAND NEW one with an ACDelco manufacture date of last year 2018. No issues so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
greenmachineiijh