Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of disapointed we haven't had any ats-v news yet out of naias. I keep checking here and gminisdenews every day.

My dad doesnt like the new vette at all, not surprised since he has on 2012, I am still trying to decide.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
If it were to have a V8, I bet it would've been ready for NAIAS...
That or GM just wanted to prolong the good press a little longer and not dilute news of the Vette and (regular) ATS then have nothing for other shows. Personally, I think we're both right.

·
Registered
None
255 Posts
I'm still going with the notion of a massaged LT1 in the V. Even for the C7 the stats are estimated. I'm predicting a tune past those numbers for the ATS-V.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (gone, but not forgotten)
145 Posts
i think Detroit was all about ELR. NYIAS will be about CTS. LA in November will prob be Escalade -- and new ATS-V. Would make sense to launch it there b/c LA is strongest V market.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
It would be nice if ATS-V were unveiled before CTS-V ordering closed. Sigh.

It would also be nice if there wasn't a yearlong gap in the V-series. If they don't announce ATS-V until November, it probably won't be on dealer lots until the following Spring.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
Guys, I love my 2009 V2 but am piling up the miles (75,000+) and would like to trade this year. I like the idea of a slightly smaller V with upgraded technology and a suitable engine and transmission. What is the group's latest prognostication on ATS-V announcement and availability? Someone must have a GM mole friend.

Jud

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I bet Cadillac gives the ELR another shot at the limelight at the LA Auto Show in November and otherwise stands pat until the Detroit show in January.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
yeah that makes sense ... they pushed back the release of the ELR from late 2013 to early 2014

the ATS-V should be released before then though unless they are going to extend the 2013 year (2013 hit showrooms in October)

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Orthodox for Old GM doesn't necessarily apply to New GM.

Really, when NAIAS 2013 came and went with no ATS-V we left orthodoxy behind. When even New York came and went, we left all precedent behind.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Orthodox for Old GM doesn't necessarily apply to New GM.

Really, when NAIAS 2013 came and went with no ATS-V we left orthodoxy behind. When even New York came and went, we left all precedent behind.
My theory is that either they didn't want to take any thunder away from the other new models they were introducing AND/OR they didn't want to tip their hand yet to the Europeans (primarily BMW) and reveal which motor and hp they've got in mind. Of course, it could be that they're truly not yet decided or it's going to slip to 2015 before introduction and there's not rush to tell the public.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I am betting we don't see the ATS-V until next year. I am still surprised they will be selling the 2nd gen CTS coupe, wagon, and V models next year alongside the 3rd gen CTS sedan.

GM is up to their armpits in unorthodox right now. I say kudos to them for doing what no one expects.

----------

You know, I want to see GM throw every one a curve. Offer an ATS-Vsport with the turbo V6, 420 hp, auto-only; and an ATS-V with LT1, 475 hp, manual trans only.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
JimmyH said:
You know, I want to see GM throw every one a curve. Offer an ATS-Vsport with the turbo V6, 420 hp, auto-only; and an ATS-V with LT1, 475 hp, manual trans only.
Now we're talking; I just hope it's available earlier, with the TR6070, of course.

Jud

1 - 20 of 90 Posts