Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i had to bring it up eventually
Im thinking about getting a wet nitrous kit for my cadillac cts.
A few comments
If i take it into service and just uninstall the kit everytime i do will it ever be detectable?
Is a 55-75 hp safe as the zex guy on the phone promised

Which company should i use. Zex's wet kit is a tad under 600 and at some place ive seen as low as 510 with shipping! The best part about it is that it only feeds nitrous at full throttle.

NOS seems like my least favorite system

NX seems pretty ok

Basically i dunno what the best option is. Either KX or Kat has nitrous i cant remeber who. What does everyone think? What does everyone know?

Basically lets make this the nitrous thread.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'd rather see you slap a bunch of stickers on it.

I worry about NOS. You're still under warranty, right? Stay away.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to squash it right now, please dont call it nos.

NOS is a brand name standing for Nitrous Oxide Systems.

It seems like its real easy to install and uninstall, two hours each way, so if the engine fails i take it apart and say i dunno what happend.....makes sense to me

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
So you a fan of the bottle? It's good to use providing you know how and when to use it and that it was installed properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
uhhh..anyone want a video of a CTS running 10's? hah..but anyway..spray = bigger bang for the buck..why not sc or turbo it? supercharge would be better i think.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Yeah, best bang for the buck is DEFINATELY nitrous. Will it give you grief from a warranty standpoint? There's no way to know for sure. The kit you're talking about should be very safe though as far as extra wear and tear on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i think when i get some cash again i will go for it...either a zex or venom.

As far as getting a supercharger or a turbo SUPERCADILLACLT1
They are both options that i am considering, a few problems first.
One they both void the manufac waranty immediatly.
Two a supercharger requires a chip, which is as of yet unavailable.
Three, there is no supercharger out on the market yet, and the guys at rsm racing are saying theres is gonna cost about 5000 bucks. Nitrous is bigger bang for the buck.
Other then that i am looking forward to putting one or the other on the car.

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
Katshot said:
If money were no option, I'd have a supercharger already. :thumbsup:
If money was not option, i´ll rather take good old stock 500cid with 100-150hp nitroshot :worship:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Id wait until the warranty is up...... Just run the sh!t out of it and maybe you can get a new engine before the warranty runs out..... mmmm, brand new engine ready for NOX......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts