Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was looking at the nos sneaky pete kit(dry) but everyone i talked to said not to use a dry kit. they all say stay safe and get a wet kit. my friend who has been using nitrous said to get the nos fogger kit. i have been looking at the nx hitman kit. they are both between 500 and 600 bucks. I didnt want to spend that much money.
I was hopeing someone could tell me if they have used a kit and put their car on a dyno and if the air/fuel was ok when spraying the dry kit.
I have a 93 sedandeville. I am going to go dyno my car soon so I am hopeing it runs almost rich so that it might work with a dry kit.
Thanks! your input is very much appreciated!
Is the MAF in the throttle body?
Please give me some feedback? The people st ******************** viewed my thread but no one replied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey man,
don't put nos on that car you will blow your heads. or split the block.
first what have you done with the car. as in mods.
if you have the 4.9 pfi engin you can get almost 500 hp out of it without nos and without damiaging the engin and not having to compleatly replace your computer which by the way is about imposible.]
also even if you decide to put nos on it your going to three problems 1. you will and i do mean will destroy your transmision. 2. the computer will not let you chand the timming and other settings you need to change to safley run nos. 3. or if it alls holds together you will twist or snap your drive shaft...

hey i can give you all the details about what i have done and are going to do to my cat if you email me.
[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, he's right. NOS on a Caddy will totally f your car up. The block is all aluminum and is probably only a 2 bolt main, not very sturdy, not to mention front drive trannys arent too beefy either. Even on pony cars like Mustangs and Camaros you can twist the block with nos, even LS1s, you usually have to purchase block braces that bolt on around the crank, near where the mains are.. Id say to skip the nos and maybe get a car with and engine that can handle nos and upgrades of the sort and go with that.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
The Sneaky Pete system is a very cool system IMO, you can hide it so you don't see a thing.

It is also a 35shot, which pretty much any engine should hold up to.

the Sneaky Pete on a 4.9 would be fine, I have heard that a 100 shot on a stock 4.9 would work, but I woudln't do that... with a solid running 4.9, I would say you could run a 75 shot and not have a problem...

...too much of it OTOH, and the 4T60E will not be your friend anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am probably going to go with a 35 shot from the seaky pete. I will email you BAD ASS.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Bad Ass Cadillac said:
hey man,
don't put nos on that car you will blow your heads. or split the block.
first what have you done with the car. as in mods.
if you have the 4.9 pfi engin you can get almost 500 hp out of it without nos and without damiaging the engin and not having to compleatly replace your computer which by the way is about imposible.]
also even if you decide to put nos on it your going to three problems 1. you will and i do mean will destroy your transmision. 2. the computer will not let you chand the timming and other settings you need to change to safley run nos. 3. or if it alls holds together you will twist or snap your drive shaft...

hey i can give you all the details about what i have done and are going to do to my cat if you email me.
[email protected]
BS Flag

What car do you have that's running 500hp? Also, if you knew what you're talking about (which you don't), you'd also know that the timing on the 4.9 can be changed quite easily. Please, for the love of god, do not listen to this guy, people.

The 4.9, and the 4T60E, will handle a 50 shot all day long without any problems. I looked into the Sneaky Pete kit once, but decided that since I'm more into road racing than drag racing, I didn't need it, but it is not a bad idea at all. As Night Wolf said, it's only about a 35 shot, it will work as a dry kit just fine, but if you've done the timing advance, you will want to back it off to normal. The 4.9 has relatively large injectors that can handle an increase that small.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can anyone tell me where the mass air flow sensor is?
This sounds ridiculous but I htink it is in the throttle body somewhere. I have taken out all of the plastic intake pieces up to the throttle body and I could not find it. The reason I ask is because I want to spray pre MAF with a small dry shot. thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dry would be fine up to a 50hp shot over that I would recommend going to a wet kit. You can cheat the system and run your fuel feed from the shrader valve to a fuel solenoid and that to your nozzle.

I ran a 90hp dry shot on a 2.8 V6 that only made 140hp stock but was built to make about 200hp without nitrous and about 270hp when the nitrous cam on. I never got a clean run at the track with it so I cant give an accurate time.

There are about 5 guys that I know of running nitrous successfully up to 150hp shots on 4.9's in Fiero's they are all running wet kits and pulling off really good times at the track the best being an 11.9 in the quarter.

Don't get me wrong any time you make an engine make more power you put more wear and tear on it. But run Premium gas, retard the timing 2 degrees to be safe and have fun. Oh P.S. I hate to say mustang but because we run mustang injectors, and are similar sized engines you can use most of the tuning charts on the N20 sites for them.

Oh one last thing as for plugs. Many people have diffrent stories but for me the best plugs were the plain old Delco Steel Core oem plugs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! I went to the local dino today on the way home from school and A guy there told me that up to a fifty shot dry would probably be fine. I ahve got some things I need to fix and some maintence before I get a kit but I am plannig on haviing this nitrous installed by the end of october. I will post how my numbers for you guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! I went to the local dino today on the way home from school and A guy there told me that up to a fifty shot dry would probably be fine. I ahve got some things I need to fix and some maintence before I get a kit but I am plannig on haviing this nitrous installed by the end of october. I will post how my numbers for you guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Please consider a wet shot. It is much safer and very easy to upgrade to from a dry kit.

A wet kit only needs one extra solinoid, a short line from the fuel schrader on the fuel rail to the solinoid and a line from the solinoid to the nitrous nozzle. It will cost you less than $100 more to go with a wet kit. A guy on PFF went from a high 14 second time to an 11 second time on a pretty much stock 4.9 Fiero using a wet kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts