Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  CRZY747 
#1 ·
Okay I am thinking about having a Dry kit installed. I have had wet kits before but want to try dry

Does anyone know how to wire a system into the Traction Control system, so as to not spray while it being activated ???

How hard would this be to install a :

Dry kit
bottle opener
window switch
bottle heater wth reg
purge

how long did it take you to install the volant ???

Thanks all your help is appreciated

#3 ·
CRZY747 said:
Okay I am thinking about having a Dry kit installed. I have had wet kits before but want to try dry

Does anyone know how to wire a system into the Traction Control system, so as to not spray while it being activated ???

How hard would this be to install a :

Dry kit
bottle opener
window switch
bottle heater wth reg
purge

how long did it take you to install the volant ???

Thanks all your help is appreciated

All those items are simple to install. To disable traction control when the nitrous system is activated you could ground the brown/white wire at the back of the TCS disable switch. If I had your nitrous system wiring diagram I could engineer that for you. I think it is easier to disable the TCS when the nitrous system is armed rather than disabling the nitrous system when the TCS is active.

#4 ·
Katech said:
All those items are simple to install. To disable traction control when the nitrous system is activated you could ground the brown/white wire at the back of the TCS disable switch. If I had your nitrous system wiring diagram I could engineer that for you. I think it is easier to disable the TCS when the nitrous system is armed rather than disabling the nitrous system when the TCS is active.
Can you draw a diagram so I know what all to do, and how do you know which wire to wire for the window switch ???

I just really need some help, with this. I think I want to do this on my own I got a quote for

Nitro Dave 300hp Dry Kit $349
NX remote bottle opener $229
MSD Digital Window Swtch $95
Bottle heater with regulator $125
4an inlinie nitr filter $65
NX purge $105
Installing of Kit $350
Installing of Accessories $325
Mobil one oil change $49.95
Installing Volant intake $75
Wire nirtous acctivati to Traction control $320
Custom Dyno Tuning $375

Which I think is outragious for this. I just want the car dynoed to make sure that all it okay, and wait on the tune till headers and full exhaust.

Just the materials need are less than 1K. the rest is install, which this total came to 2547.47

Heck for that Ican do this all on my own.

Ps I am trying to think of what TCS button your referring to, I have not been in the car or around the car in over 2 months, it is in the garage in another state. But will see it over Thanksgiving and christmas LOL

Thanks

#6 ·
CRZY747 said:
Can you draw a diagram so I know what all to do, and how do you know which wire to wire for the window switch ???

I just really need some help, with this. I think I want to do this on my own I got a quote for

Nitro Dave 300hp Dry Kit $349
NX remote bottle opener $229
MSD Digital Window Swtch $95
Bottle heater with regulator $125
4an inlinie nitr filter $65
NX purge $105
Installing of Kit $350
Installing of Accessories $325
Mobil one oil change $49.95
Installing Volant intake $75
Wire nirtous acctivati to Traction control $320
Custom Dyno Tuning $375

Which I think is outragious for this. I just want the car dynoed to make sure that all it okay, and wait on the tune till headers and full exhaust.

Just the materials need are less than 1K. the rest is install, which this total came to 2547.47

Heck for that Ican do this all on my own.

Ps I am trying to think of what TCS button your referring to, I have not been in the car or around the car in over 2 months, it is in the garage in another state. But will see it over Thanksgiving and christmas LOL

Thanks

Where do you live? We could install this for you. A Zex kit would simplify the system. I'd have to study the wiring diagram to make sure that it will work on a throttle by wire system, but I think it will. It uses TPS voltage to enable the nitrous. If the electronic throttle body has a wire that is 4.5v at WOT (which I think it does) then it will work. You should have a TCS off button correct? If so, here's the diagram and if you ground the brn/wht wire going into it when the nitrous is enabled it will tell the RIM that you have turned the TCS off.

#7 ·
Ya I guess there is a button, I thought the only button was on the stearing wheel, could be wrong. Heck I have owned this car for like 4 month drove it for about 1 1/2 and been in the garage for the rest. I have not seen it since sept. So I have no idea what it does or doesn't have consider I have not owned it that long and it pretty much sits in a garage. Unfortunatly I work in WI, but the car is at my home in Texas.

Thanks

#9 ·
1MEANV said:
tnt wet kit. they have the best systems.but most expensive but well worth it.for example a 100 shot of the tnt kit is a 100 shot to the wheels not the flywheel
Ya I know, I had on installed from them in Tyler, Texas. This was before they were well known for there kits. I know all about TNT, I just want something different this time, and think I will try the dry route.

I am not going to be at the track getting time, just the occasional race here and there, and will put bolt ons and cam later down the road.

:thumbsup:

#10 ·
CRZY747 said:
Ya I guess there is a button, I thought the only button was on the stearing wheel, could be wrong. Heck I have owned this car for like 4 month drove it for about 1 1/2 and been in the garage for the rest. I have not seen it since sept. So I have no idea what it does or doesn't have consider I have not owned it that long and it pretty much sits in a garage. Unfortunatly I work in WI, but the car is at my home in Texas.

Thanks
There is a harness connector somewhere that you can tap instead of getting into the steering wheel.

#19 ·
CRZY747 said:
Well I won't be exceeding the 125, so no problems there. Can't wait hope to have this done this next week, and will let you know how it turns out, it will be dynoed before and after with the Volant on the car.
Oh, ok... in the post describing what you were buying it said Dave Nitro 300HP Dry Kit and I thought you were going to spray that much :bighead:

#20 ·
CaddyGeek said:
Oh, ok... in the post describing what you were buying it said Dave Nitro 300HP Dry Kit and I thought you were going to spray that much :bighead:
LOL i am crazy but not that crazy LOL

The silinoid is rated to flow 300hp.

The most I will spray now will be 125rwhp, that should put me say I baseline maybe 325-330, then put the volant, maybe 10 more, so say 335rwhp stock on a dyno jet, and hopefully that will put me at 450ish rwhp, should be pretty good for the time being

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.