Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2nd version nightvision camera. I need a 1st version nightvision camera for my 2000 DHS. I'm not interested in selling it on ebay or somthing like that. If there is someone out there who is interested in trading a 1st version camera for a 2nd version camera, please contact me.

Perhaps we can help each other out.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Whats the difference? Are they not cross compatible?

·
Registered
2001 DTS
186 Posts
I have a 2001 DTS with night vision. It started out with 1st gen camera and was replaced under warrenty with a 2nd gen camera.
You want a 2nd gen camera because if the lens cracks you can replace it. The 1st gen camera you had to replace the whole camera if the lens cracked.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I also have the 01 DTS with Night Vision. I'm not sure which camera I have but I do know that the protector grille in the front was a TSB item and that's installed on mine. How would I know which one I have?

I have a 2001 DTS with night vision. It started out with 1st gen camera and was replaced under warrenty with a 2nd gen camera.
You want a 2nd gen camera because if the lens cracks you can replace it. The 1st gen camera you had to replace the whole camera if the lens cracked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Codewise, I am happy to know that it was possible to convert the 1st generation NV camera to the 2nd generation camera. Is there someone I could talk to about that? If that is possible, then that is the way I should go since I have the 2nd generation NV camera. Does anyone else know about this?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Oyyyy I'm lost now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Codewise,

I'm sorry for the confusion. The comment in my previous post was really meant for PhantomCaddillac, who said that he had his 1st generation NV camera swapped out for a 2nd generation NV camera under warranty. I was told more than once that it was impossible retro-fit a Deville with the 1st generation NV system to use the 2nd generation camera.

I am still quite interested to find out about this possibility, and actually get some use of this camera sitting in my attic.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Ahhh got it. So it's really the whole system that's vintage dependant. It's not just a simple camera swap, or so you've been told.

Do you know how to tell the difference? How would one identify which generation they have?

·
Registered
2001 DTS
186 Posts
It says on the invoice that: Replace night vision camera with new style camera rewire as per instructions install lens protector R and R grill and install.

Night Vision Components - Replace camera assembly

hrs: .60
warranty repair

so at less than and hour it was replaced.

Now how to tell? I'm not sure but the camera on there now looks like it has indents for removing the lens holder. That may be one way someone with a older camera would have to look at theirs and compare.
Hope that helps!
Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phantom:

Is there any way I could get a copy of your invoice? I'd love to show that to the service dept at my local Cadillac dealer.

·
Registered
2001 DTS
186 Posts
Sorry I'm not set up to copy or scan to my computer. But I can't be the only one that has a car this has been done to. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out. I would think that the wiring connectios had to be changed along with the camera.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts