Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Not bad, but as it gets closer to the end, expect the rate and level of bidding to go a lot higher. That's kinda the point of giving a low starting bid--to get as much interest as possible.

BUT, you never do know...

Is it mauve or silver? Looks kinda purplish, so I'm thinking mauve. Also has the VERY rare heated cloth Brougham seats, which is just an odd, but kinda cool combination. Needs new carpet and a roof, though, I think.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
The color is nice, but the carpet may be trashed! It may just need a good shampooing!
Still a great price with a day left!

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
New carpet is only a couple hundred worst case.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Well, Christmas is just around the corner...if it stays low, maybe even I'll bid:hmm:

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
Ebay motors a zoo. Best way is to contact the guy and make him a cash offer.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The Ape Man said:
Very true about Ebay. I just emailed him with a couple quick questions, but no offer. I'm just sitting here wondering how much one could HONESTLY expect to pick it up for?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Eww it's got that ugly Brougham velour.... Haha it looks so bad in that particular car....
It really isn't THAT bad. Not nearly as ugly, at least to me, as the button covered pillowed seats in some older Broughams. Needs new carpet, definately, but coming from someone that operates a part-time detailing business, everything else can be cleaned to like new without that much work.

Also needs a new top, but if one could pick it up cheap enough, it would be well worth it. Of course, the pics aren't the best, but it doesn't look bad at all and the description seems pretty honest.

I still can't tell if it's Marblehead Met. or a more Mauve color, though...

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
I like the mauve color. I had a 79 coupe that i sprayed that color i just liked it so much. That color was called heather metallic.. I'm watching that auction too i found my car on ebay too...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
FASSTWOOD said:
I like the mauve color. I had a 79 coupe that i sprayed that color i just liked it so much. That color was called heather metallic.. I'm watching that auction too i found my car on ebay too...
I remember when your car was on Ebay--I bookmarked it and kept watching, just to see how much a 300k+ mile Fleetwood would end up going for.

I still think, if you could pick it up cheap enough, this '95 might be one hell of a deal. Problem is, there's only 4 pics, so you can't get a really true view of it...

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
well she sold 1350. Im sure someone is getting a good deal... Caddycruiser i didn't even win the bid for my car. I wound up buying my car for less than the ending bid was... jan. 1st will be two years I own her...

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Isn't that against eBay rules, or ok once the bidding ends?

The Ape Man said:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
N0DIH said:
Isn't that against eBay rules, or ok once the bidding ends?
Oh no, it's actually perfectly acceptable during the auction, especially when a lot of them say "I reserve the right to end the auction at any time if the car sells otherwise, etc....". And after they end, it's always good to check back with the people, because a lot of the time, the winner never follows through and they haven't sold it yet.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I think that heated cloth is cool, I wish my cloth seats were heated! They never offered that on the deVilles though :(

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
It seems like a good deal, but whoever buys it better be ready to spend some $$. I bought my car off eBay, but paid top dollar for it. I just put in the maximum amount I wanted to spend on the car and then let the auction run its course, luckily I won it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
I think that heated cloth is cool, I wish my cloth seats were heated! They never offered that on the deVilles though :(
Definately is. Out of all GM cars, it always struck me as odd that they decided to offer such a combination on the Fleetwood--for years, the only people to offer heated cloth were Subaru and VW. Not until the current model year (2006), did GM make such a thing optional on the Equinox and G6, and Chrysler on the Dakota/Durango.

Actually, even odder than the heated cloth, is just the cloth itself--doesn't seem like they ever built many equipped that way. I'd guess about a 95/5 split between leather/cloth.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Is it a good high quality cloth like the esteem cloth in my deville thats very soft and cushy? Or is it like the lesser quality cloth they use in a chevy or something?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Is it a good high quality cloth like the esteem cloth in my deville thats very soft and cushy? Or is it like the lesser quality cloth they use in a chevy or something?
It's the thick, soft kinda velvet-like stuff. Here's a better picture of one with it:

I'd still be interested to know what the actual breakdown of leather vs. cloth equipped Fleetwoods were.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts