Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone wants some inexpensive light reading, go quickly to your local Barnes & Noble. I say 'quickly' because these books are on the 50% off shelf. :cool: It's titled Cadillac, A Century of Excellence. There are lots of big full-color pictures of Cadillac cars since the very beginning.

It's not an overly big book (about 155 pages), but it's a nice buy at about 8 bucks with the 50% discount. Written by Rob Leicester Wagner, ISBN 1-58663-168-3.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
We're on the same page here... I bought that book at Barnes & Noble about four months ago. I agree, It's great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Wagner book is a beautiful coffee table book, with plenty of fine illustrations, both in color and in B&W ...bit it is contains many mistakes (picture captions as well as text). I note in passing that some text was copied, almost verbatim, from my "Cadillac Database" ...witout a word of thanks or credit to its compiler or to the Museum and Research Center of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, Inc., who currently own that resource:

www.car-nection.com/yann

If anyone wants some inexpensive light reading, go quickly to your local Barnes & Noble. I say 'quickly' because these books are on the 50% off shelf. :cool: It's titled Cadillac, A Century of Excellence. There are lots of big full-color pictures of Cadillac cars since the very beginning.

It's not an overly big book (about 155 pages), but it's a nice buy at about 8 bucks with the 50% discount. Written by Rob Leicester Wagner, ISBN 1-58663-168-3.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Uh-oh... sincere apologies to Mr. Wagner!! I just noticed that although he does NOT mention the Cadillac Database in the "Bibliography" section (p.156), he does give it - and me - a heads up in his "Acknowledgments" (p.5).
The Wagner book is a beautiful coffee table book, with plenty of fine illustrations, both in color and in B&W ...bit it is contains many mistakes (picture captions as well as text). I note in passing that some text was copied, almost verbatim, from my "Cadillac Database" ...witout a word of thanks or credit to its compiler or to the Museum and Research Center of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, Inc., who currently own that resource:

www.car-nection.com/yann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Veesixteen