Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to tackle changing my plugs and wires out over the weekend. I went with some Bosch Iridiums and I do actually feel a bit more responsiveness after changing out everything. Over the past 6 months my MPGs have been dipping into the 9-10 mpg territory so I am hoping this improves now. The job itself is straight forward and aside for a few busted knuckles, all went well. After I took each plug out I marked their locations and did a quick inspection. The tips were very worn down and they were certainly ready to be replaced. One item I noted was that some of the plugs were NGK and some were AC Delco. So I figured that over time previous owners replaced what they could reach and that was it so maybe not all of the plugs were the originals. Later that night I went in for a closer plug inspection and saw that the plugs were actually the same and that they were all stamped with both NGK and AC Delco. I had no idea that there were NGK/AC Delco plugs and I suppose now that these are the originals that have 163k on them. Anyways I though it was interesting and would share.....

Be safe all!

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,385 Posts
My 2002 STS came with "AC Delco" DENSO plugs in it. Built in 02/2002. Many new "AC Delco" spark plug boxes are marked "Made in Japan" - by guess who ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts