Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I guess with popular demand, we will be having another meet. It will be Saturday, November 3, same place, Peabody's in Tampa Palms.

Let's hope for much better weather and a larger turn-out.:worship:

Bob

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Re: Next Great Tampa Meet - November 3

Already have the date set aside, barring any complications (my girlfriend's due date is a few days before).

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts

I'll be there for sure. Hopefully it will be chilly.

IT IS ON NOW NIGHT WOLF.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts

Hahaha, we'll see if strings can be pulled so I can have more than adequate time to drive down and not have to rush down and back.

What's November like in FL anyways?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

Hahaha, we'll see if strings can be pulled so I can have more than adequate time to drive down and not have to rush down and back.

What's November like in FL anyways?
Highs in the low-mid 70's, mid-low 60's at night, high 50's occasionally. Its very nice actually.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts

FL in november? The summer heat should have faded, highs in the 60's to 70's (depending on the last cold front), lows in the 50's to 60's, and rainy season should be over. Very Nice.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts

Cool...sounds like a nice change from MN in November...temps in the teens and twenties, wind and snow.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts

Hopefully I'll be there is nothing changes with my job and I hav the same days off etc...

I know everyone liked Peabodys, personally I would perfer more of a restaruant type place... especially for us not big into drinking :) Also a place more out of the way to park the cars..... I remember our Tampa meet at the top of the Dillards parking garage, it was empty, there was alot of room, and we ate at The Cheesecake Factory.... which was pretty awesome.

Though I'll be up for anything, and I'll do Peabodys again if thats where it is, I'd just prefer something other then a bar setting.... but... its all good :)

November gives me alot of time to get the Caddy in better shape, at least mechanically.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

If you guys prefer a regular restaurant type of place, that can be easily arranged. Let me put on my thinking cap and think about it. What kind of place would you like, something like a Ruby Tuesday's or the Olive Garden?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts

Well, it's up to everyone... I mean if the majority like Peabodys, then I'm fine with that.... I was just saying what I would like, and think would better suit one of our meets...

As far as restaruants.... anything will do... that Dillards parking lot/Cheesecake Factory was pretty cool, cause we really had a whole section of the upper parking garage to ourself, alot of time for everyone to talk etc... and the Cheesecake Factory was a really cool restaruant, somewhat pricey, but great quality, and IMO, really cool for a Cadillac meet, cause its not something that ya go to everyday.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

I agree with Rick, im down for the Cheesecake Factory. It is pricey, but well worth it. As much i love me a drink, i am not 21, and dont really want to get hammered 2 hours away from my house and have to drive back. And you can get good drinks at the Cheesecake Factory.

Miso Salmon :drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts

im game , hopefully this time no disaters pop up hours before i leave ...

tho ill prolly be riding the bike ...but well see ....

sometime in the next 6 months shell be getting some attention again , becuse now that i dont drive it every day i can really roll my sleeves up and do some cleaning and tinkering

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts

I agree with Rick, im down for the Cheesecake Factory. It is pricey, but well worth it. As much i love me a drink, i am not 21, and dont really want to get hammered 2 hours away from my house and have to drive back. And you can get good drinks at the Cheesecake Factory.

Miso Salmon :drool: :drool: :drool:
exactly

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts

I'm going to say I like the Cheesecake Factory idea best as well.. I'm not a drinker, and there's Great food at this place. Yeah, a little expensive - but we could all start saving now for the $400.00 cheeseburgers. And anywhere there's ample parking room is a plus...

I should have no trouble making this meet as well.. November should be VERY nice in regards to weather..

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Due popular demand, I guess the place has been changed to the Cheesecake Factory at International Plaza. Since we are all Cadillac owners, I think we should be able to afford the hambergers. I don't think the prices are all that bad.

It will great seeing you again Sal.

Bob

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts

I think we should meet at the upper level parking garage for Dillards too.

This is going to be really fun, I'll have the Caddy doing better by then to make the meet :)

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

There is a Cheesecake Factory in Brandon in the new addition at the mall. Brandon Mall is very nice as well. The addition just opened within the last year. Either place, it should be fun.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

One more thing, the tri-state meet in northern New Jersey had to be postponed because of a big storm. So I guess we are not the only ones having bad luck. Had we had the meet yesterday, it would have been much nicer. There was no rain after 4pm.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts