Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
what in the hell? fugly, yes...but i can see the innovation behind it. aside from possibly tearing, i wonder how that material feels over bumps and potholes versus a tire that is filled with air. looks like it has good absorbtion properties. kidna neat...but they look like an old 1800's wagon wheel...

can i get those is 20" vogues?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i think those are actually a pretty sweet idea, the more i look at them. i bet they would be really useful on a pedal bike or motorcycle...something that doesn't weight quite so much...

i can't imagine how long the tread would last...doesn't look like much...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I saw this in Time's last issue and I found it actually kind of interesting, however not aesthetically pleasing. My main concern is how it reflects the ride properties and characteristics in relation to a conventional pneumatic tire, but it looks like it mimics them pretty well. It'll be something hard to get used to if it ever happens...which wouldn't be for awhile so we don't have to worry about it quite yet I suppose; just suddenly tossing away everything we know about conventional tires and their traits.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
how about driving in heavy rain or dirt? How about airflow turbulance?
And how about imbalance when dirt gets built up in those openings?

They should at least be closed like Robert says.

How about curving with a deformable wheel?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts