Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon everybody!
Great News, Just got back from my annual Cadillac meeting at the L.A. Auto show. Long story short, More great thing to come from Cadillac in the future! Wow im so glad to part of Cadillac!
First off Cadillac has a great presence at the show! New Escalade, STS-V, and XLR-V are all on display..... WOW great Product.......
Briefly covered the next gen CTS.... The vehicle will be out in the next 15-18 months! They showed a us a glimpse of the new car, should continue the renassaince.......

Oh by the way.... I told you so!!!:nyanya:

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
Great News, Just got back from my annual Cadillac meeting at the L.A. Auto show. Long story short, More great thing to come from Cadillac in the future! Wow im so glad to part of Cadillac!
First off Cadillac has a great presence at the show! New Escalade, STS-V, and XLR-V are all on display..... WOW great Product.......
Briefly covered the next gen CTS.... The vehicle will be out in the next 15-18 months! They showed a us a glimpse of the new car, should continue the renassaince.......

threads like these make me wish there was a smilie for :coktease:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
the next gen CTS.... The vehicle will be out in the next 15-18 months! They showed a us a glimpse of the new car, should continue the renassaince.......
Any spy shots you can show us? ;)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing GM apply Direct Injection on the 3.6 now that Powertrain has done it on the 2.0T ecotec. I would love to see the 3.6 break the 300hp mark.

I'd also like to see the 2.8L tuned for fuel economy, instead of being the "Cheaper" engine. Put Direct Injection on it then tune it for more efficent burn at the cost of some HP, should put out the same as now but get better gas mileage.

Also looking foward to an AWD option in the new model. Powertrain powertrain powertrain

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
AsAkAs said:
I am looking forward to seeing GM apply Direct Injection on the 3.6 now that Powertrain has done it on the 2.0T ecotec. I would love to see the 3.6 break the 300hp mark.

I'd also like to see the 2.8L tuned for fuel economy, instead of being the "Cheaper" engine. Put Direct Injection on it then tune it for more efficent burn at the cost of some HP, should put out the same as now but get better gas mileage.

Also looking foward to an AWD option in the new model. Powertrain powertrain powertrain
Your wish will come true. The next gen CTS will have direct injection technology on the 3.6 and push over 300 HP.

However, I don't know what they plan on doing with the 2.8L.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Sounds better all the time. My current CTS will serve me just fine until the second year of the next generation.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Mbai2 said:
Your wish will come true. The next gen CTS will have direct injection technology on the 3.6 and push over 300 HP.
Is this an assumption that we all belive to be true? Or do you have some inside info to share? :shhh:

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Is this an assumption that we all belive to be true? Or do you have some inside info to share? :shhh:
Let's just say I have a friend who works for Bosch on the high feature V6's.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Mbai2 said:
Let's just say I have a friend who works for Bosch on the high feature V6's.
Excellent news. The next CTS may dethrone the Lexus IS as horsepower king! Just wait till the magazines get ahold of the next gen CTS. Hopefully the sport suspension will be a step toward perfection as well. Styling...Powertrain...Suspension. If they get the Interior right... other automakers better watch out!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Excellent news. The next CTS may dethrone the Lexus IS as horsepower king! Just wait till the magazines get ahold of the next gen CTS. Hopefully the sport suspension will be a step toward perfection as well. Styling...Powertrain...Suspension. If they get the Interior right... other automakers better watch out!
I told you so that you shouldn't worry about that IS...;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
The number one thing they damn well better do on the new CTS is get that rear differential screwup taken care of once and for all.

Next is a substantially upgraded interior...the current one is OK for a chevy, not for a cadillac though.

I'd like to see LED tail lights on it...the current rear lights lack the pizzazz of those on the STS/DTS/SRX.

The current generation has fine handling and a decent ride, as well as a world class engine and transmission. They just need to bring the rest up to those same world class standards.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
If you look at the interiors of the new DTS and the upcoming escalades as well as other GM cars, it should provide a good idea to where the interior is going. I feel like the interior will be MUCH better in the next generation. Already I am seeing high quailty materials and tight fit between panels in upcoming GM cars. I am very impressed by the 07 escalade interior.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
I actually really like the CTS' interior. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I like the "computer" style theme they have for the center stack. The sharp lines on the doors, the creases. But the look of the materials is what needs a change. All the textures on the dash and stuff look cheap with all the scoring and marking.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
So what is the secret handshake so I can visit the GM Martini Room when I go to the show? BTW, your exhaust tips are the best I've seen to date as the design matches the CTS.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SoCadillac said:
So what is the secret handshake so I can visit the GM Martini Room with go to the show? BTW, your exhaust tips are the best I've seen to date as the design matches the CTS.
It was a Dealer meeting....
Thank you for the compliment!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
AsAkAs said:
I actually really like the CTS' interior. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I like the "computer" style theme they have for the center stack. The sharp lines on the doors, the creases. But the look of the materials is what needs a change. All the textures on the dash and stuff look cheap with all the scoring and marking.
It is along the "staunch" German thinking and for a first run it is excellent. Just some minor refinements are all that is needed. And should the CTS run along the lines of great automobiles (need I say Porsche 911) and keep refining, it will be a steady betterment.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
alright Mbai2

talk to you friends at bosch and get me the sme flash they used on tim allen's CTS

-K

·
Registered
316 Posts
Caddy Man said:
If you look at the interiors of the new DTS and the upcoming escalades as well as other GM cars, it should provide a good idea to where the interior is going. I feel like the interior will be MUCH better in the next generation. Already I am seeing high quailty materials and tight fit between panels in upcoming GM cars. I am very impressed by the 07 escalade interior.
GM needs to do some of what they did with the new DTS to the new CTS. The interior on the dts is far better then the old Deville. They also need to tighten up the quality control...again something akin to what they did on the DTS.

I drove Devilles and was not impressed. I had the chance to drive a new DTS and it had a whole better feel. The body was tighter all around...nothing rattled or squeeked. The one I drove had the luxury III package, with real wood in place of the plastic fake wood that is standard. The interior looked like one that belonged on a Cadillac, unlike the old Deville.

They need to advance the engineering and performance , for sure, but more important, they need to improve the build quality and material selection.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts