Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one on another site is claiming this is a spy pick of the next gen CTS...

sneak peak

Your thoughts? I'm kind of leaning towards it being a photoshop.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Stag said:
Some one on another site is claiming this is a spy pick of the next gen CTS...
sneak peak
Your thoughts? I'm kind of leaning towards it being a photoshop.

We have seen this photo before and I believe we wrote it off as NOT being the next gen CTS. However, rumors circulated about a spy photo that was breifly posted then quickly removed.

·
Registered
CTS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The site said 2008, but I thought the CTS was due in 2007. That in and of itself may be a clue to its validity...

Anyway, just food for thought. Honestly, I 've read and heard about the next gen CTS from peopel who have seen it and dammit, I NEEEEED to see pics of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stag said:
The site said 2008, but I thought the CTS was due in 2007. That in and of itself may be a clue to its validity...
Anyway, just food for thought. Honestly, I 've read and heard about the next gen CTS from peopel who have seen it and dammit, I NEEEEED to see pics of it.
I believe it will be MY 2008 in the Fall of 2007. Plenty of articles indicate years but fail to indicate if that is a model or calendar year for introduction.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Watching GM over the last few decades, they have more of tendency to evolution not revolution on their designs. I'll bet you we'll see some sort of headlight and grill, maybe change to LED backlighting and not a whole lot else. I'm sure they want to keep that common look like the rest of the line to keep people in the fold. I'm sure we'll soon see. The dealership says they have been promised a better interior as this has been the most complained about by their buyers. (more like the STS they say). I agree!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I definitely don't like the grill. It looks like wire mesh behind a large grate. I think its the larger grate that I most dislike about it. Its hard to tell what the rest of the car looks like.

- Mark

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Just a photochop of sixteen, STS, CTS, BLS cues, nothing real.

Hold onto your hats, the next few months will be filled with CTS rumors, but we wont be seeing anything concrete until NAIAS in january when we'll probably see the redesign, or NYIAS in april... who knows, we can only hope! :lildevil:

(300hp Direct Injection 3.6 Here we come?!)

·
Registered
634 Posts
This was cause for a lot of fury over at Cheers and Gears. The author finally admitted it was a "chop 'n shop" of the European BLS. Look at the proportions, the hood creases that come down to frame the grille, and the door mounted rear view mirror. Exactly the same. Sorry guys but this is NOT the '08 CTS. And yes, we DO have another year to go. It will most likely be shown at NAIAS in January of '07, production beginning the summer of that year. But who knows? Maybe GM will "pull-it-forward" like it did the GMT 900 trucks. The CTS is now one of the oldest designs in it's class, and they may want to get it on the road early. Especially if it's the stunner it's rumored to be. The CTS has been a pleasant suprise to GM and Cadillac. Back in '02 when it debuted, management said it would be happy with 30,000 or so a year. In ' 04 about 60,000 CTS's were sold. As they say in Hollywood, "you can't argue with the box office".

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
megeebee said:
The CTS is now one of the older designs in it's market, and they may want to get it on the road early.
The Infiniti G35 and Acura TL are about the same age, and the lincoln LS and jaguar x-type are ancient... but you're right, the 3series, a4 and IS are all brand spankin new. I have a feeling the next CTS is going to be leaping and bounding over the competition though...let's hope my excitment is well deserved!

·
Registered
634 Posts
You're right about the G35. But I thought the TL was an '04 introduction, no? And remember, the CTS went on sale in January of 2002. much earlier than normal.
Anyway, everything I've read from industry sources say the new model is a wonderful refinment of the current design; immediately recognizable as a CTS, slightly larger, but more restrained. The interior is said to be a revelation. I can't wait!...... (but I will)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
megeebee said:
You're right about the G35. But I thought the TL was an '04 introduction, no? And remember, the CTS went on sale in January of 2002. much earlier than normal.
Anyway, everything I've read from industry sources say the new model is a wonderful, refinment of the current design; immediately recognizable as a CTS, slightly larger, but more restrained. The interior is said to be a revelation. I can't wait!...... (but I will)
Yea, the TL was an 04 model in late 03 I belive, as with most cars. The new IS is amazing... I went to the dealership the other day to check it out, interior and exterior alone is simply astonishing. NO test drives allowed (saleswoman said deposits only for test drives, because they only had 2 on the lot) But the interior, amazing switchgear, paddle shifters, seat comfort was 5x better than my caddy :( gauges were a beautiful LCD blue, woodgrain was gorgeous, everything about it was amazing.

I hope the Next CTS steps up to the plate and aims for BMW 3 series handling with Lexus IS power and interior refinement!!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
It would be too soon to publish a new design for 2008 model anyway. Nice chop. Would love to see some 16 style coming back in the new models. The 16 is simply beautiful and a pitty they don't take it in production.

I would hate to see the CTS grow bigger. The size is perfect for its class. I would hate to not be able to afford a CTS because it grew bigger and more luxurious! You want bigger? Get an STS...

I would love to see the new STS look a little more aggressive.

CTS still looks great. It still turns heads here. I hope they keep the sharp lines and don't go for a balloon style like Audi and Mercedes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts