Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While lesser CTS models pack direct injection V6 units, only a rumbling V8 would do for the performance flagship. And the LS7 powerplant is one hell of an engine. The dry-sumped bent eight is hand-finished, features titanium con-rods, a forged steel crankshaft and develops 512bhp at 6300rpm and a mighty 470lb ft at 4800rpm, making it GM’s most powerful passenger car engine and largest-displacement small-block to date.

It’s hooked up to a slick Tremec six-speed manual transmission, driving all four wheels through GM’s all-wheel drive architecture that’s been tuned for a natural rear-drive feel. In a bid to trim development costs, it’s likely that the engine will be dropped into the CTS-V wholesale, giving the Cadillac some serious tyre-shredding performance.

Read more

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Welcome to Mergeville where one is a day late, a dollar short and posting in the wrong thread.

Bring me a shrubery.

Sal = :banned:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
awd = finally someone in the suspenion/drivetrain used their brains over there at gm...hopefully it wont be two getrag type 645's ....LOL

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Welcome to Mergeville where one is a day late, a dollar short and posting in the wrong thread.

Bring me a shrubery.

Sal = :banned:

I was going to post this too, but my wisdom got the better of me.

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

-Chris

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Wouldnt that be sweet though...

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I was going to post this too, but my wisdom got the better of me.

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

-Chris
Anyone with the self proclaimed name of Lord Cadillac is by definition placed on another level of expecations above the common fodder. Hence by not following the rules of this society by placing all speculation in the proper thread and on top of that bringing us old information - banishment fits the crime.

:banned:

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
wow
the boss ventures into our V forum :haha:
Imagine that, board members venturing into another forum beyond their own cars'.......

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Anyone with the self proclaimed name of Lord Cadillac is by definition placed on another level of expecations above the common fodder. Hence by not following the rules of this society by placing all speculation in the proper thread and on top of that bringing us old information - banishment fits the crime.

:banned:

HMM. Univaersal axiom: Don't F with the guy that has the root password (at least not that much :D)

-Chris

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Scared to fight a war? And you call yourself an American?

Bah. Challenge the status quo.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello,
Interesting....I know they thought about doing this with the STS-V but it became tough to package. It would be very interesting if they did something like this for the new CTS-V. But given the abuse the drivetrain would be susceptible to, I don’t think this would be feasible. Too much torque = drivetrain nightmares!

Thanks,

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Hello,
Interesting....I know they thought about doing this with the STS-V but it became tough to package. It would be very interesting if they did something like this for the new CTS-V. But given the abuse the drivetrain would be susceptible to, I don’t think this would be feasible. Too much torque = drivetrain nightmares!

Thanks,
Ahahahaaaa! :rofl:

That's the most unintentionally hilarious post I've ever seen.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts