Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I found a real nice set of seats (front and back) from an '02 Deville. Beautiful seats but I'm wondering if they would fit in my 91 FWB. I know I'll have to drill some holes in the front but am wondering how hard it would be to install the rear seats. Wiring up the power seats is another issue. Think its a job worth tackling?

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be a hard job to do. I have had seats in and out of my 91 Bonneville and 80 Trans AM, all were easy to pull. I found it easiest with a 1/4" socket set, as the small ratchet is easier to move around and most aren't tighted with a gorrilla at the tool....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
N0DIH said:
I wouldn't think it would be a hard job to do. I have had seats in and out of my 91 Bonneville and 80 Trans AM, all were easy to pull. I found it easiest with a 1/4" socket set, as the small ratchet is easier to move around and most aren't tighted with a gorrilla at the tool....
Question was geared more toward retrofitting newer Caddy seats into the Fleetwood but actually your advice will help with the removal of the old seats. The '02 Deville seats are buckets and have all the power stuff on the seat vs. the armrest like my 91 Brougham and there will be a floor shift too on the center console. From the looks of it, it will be a pretty big job figuring out the wiring. I have to get seat dimensions as well. Would be nice to have newer Caddy leather seats in the car.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Are they DTS seats or Deville seats? The DTS seats would work better with a console as they are truly buckets. The late-model Deville seats have 3 bolts through the floor and one bolt on the outboard side. This might be a bit different than your FWB.

As far as wiring goes, it might not be so bad. There's a mess of wires under there, but basically you need to get power and ground to the right places on the connector. You won't have to sweat the serial data or air bag wiring (just make sure you leave that stuff unhooked).

If you need pin-outs of the connectors I can post them. Mine's an '01 but I'd bet an '02 is the same.

Jim

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Are you gonna put the center console & console shifter in too? That would be very cool to have in a Brougham!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turbojimmy said:
Are they DTS seats or Deville seats? The DTS seats would work better with a console as they are truly buckets. The late-model Deville seats have 3 bolts through the floor and one bolt on the outboard side. This might be a bit different than your FWB.
As far as wiring goes, it might not be so bad. There's a mess of wires under there, but basically you need to get power and ground to the right places on the connector. You won't have to sweat the serial data or air bag wiring (just make sure you leave that stuff unhooked).
If you need pin-outs of the connectors I can post them. Mine's an '01 but I'd bet an '02 is the same.
Jim
I'm assuming they are DTS, they are identical to these seats on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-Cadillac-Seville-Creme-Front-Heated-Rear-Seats-Rod_W0QQitemZ8023320597QQcategoryZ33701QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Virtually identical setup including the center console. I dont know if I can use the shifter in that console but Im sure I can come up with something and obviously the rear a/c will not be operational. I need to get back to the used auto parts place I found them in and bring a tape measure to see if the rear seats are the right width. I went in there with a buddy cause he needed parts and saw them but didn't really think much about them till after we left. Now it seems like a pretty killer idea and I they want $700 for the whole thing but I'm sure I could talk it down a bit.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Are you gonna put the center console & console shifter in too? That would be very cool to have in a Brougham!
Thats the plan!. I've done floor mounted shifters in cars that had them on the steering column before so it should be fairly easy.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Eh, seems like tons of unnecessary work to me... Why would you wanna do that, I'm just curious. Also you'd have two sets of seatbelts in the front since the DeVille ones are seat mounted, and the Brougham's are door mounted.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DopeStar 156 said:
Eh, seems like tons of unnecessary work to me... Why would you wanna do that, I'm just curious. Also you'd have two sets of seatbelts in the front since the DeVille ones are seat mounted, and the Brougham's are door mounted.
Well, it would look better and be more comfortable. The seatbelts in the doors would obviously have to go. I'll take measurements and see what happens.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Is it safe to use the newer belts? Is there any car structure changes that they did? Last thing you want is to be in an accident and have the seats rip out of the floor because it wasn't designed for that much force.

If you can do it, it would be cool

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hello,

Would it perhaps be easier to fit the interior from a 1993-1996 Fleetwood Brougham in the car since the basic underpinnings are the same as the 1992 and older cars?

This is obviously not my car although I would personally think twice before undertaking a project that may end up not only costing the price of the seats but also a whole lot of time and trouble. The $700 as a down payment on a 2002 deVille is likely money better spent if that car has the seats you want to sit on. Or, find a custom upholstery shop and have the seats in your current car done in some custom way that looks the way you want them to and has better and more modern comfort built in to them. Just a thought before you go down the road past the point of no return.

Good luck!

Dave

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bro-Ham said:
Hello,
Would it perhaps be easier to fit the interior from a 1993-1996 Fleetwood Brougham in the car since the basic underpinnings are the same as the 1992 and older cars?
This is obviously not my car although I would personally think twice before undertaking a project that may end up not only costing the price of the seats but also a whole lot of time and trouble. The $700 as a down payment on a 2002 deVille is likely money better spent if that car has the seats you want to sit on. Or, find a custom upholstery shop and have the seats in your current car done in some custom way that looks the way you want them to and has better and more modern comfort built in to them. Just a thought before you go down the road past the point of no return.
Good luck!
Dave
Seems the seats in the Deville are about 4" inches wider! I never would have thought. So its a no go. I've been looking for leather seats from a Brougham, even one the same year or older. I dont particularly like the D' Elegance seats though. I'll search for newer Brougham seats but I kinda wanted buckets. I have pretty big plans for this car including suspension, brakes and more power so I want seats that wont have me sliding from one side to another when I take sharp turns.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Buckets would be pretty darn nice. I'm surprised to hear the DeVille seats are 4 inches wider. I'm trying to think of something myself creative to do with the seating in my '90. I really like the d'Elegance leather, but when I saw you were trying to put buckets in, your idea stuck in my mind. Nobody ever sits in the middle in my car, I never have more than 2 people (except when hauling drunken roomates on a beer run) including me. I know that Caddy seats would be the easiest to install, being some of them with the same bolt pattern, but if putting buckets in will be a lot of work anyways, are there any other seats from any other vehicles that would be really nice in a Brougham? What about the seats from a Slade or something like that?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
90Brougham350, what is a "coachmaster" Brougham?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts