Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 De Ville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got a 1990 deville and I know nothing about them. I want to know were to get performance parts for them if possible and any ideas for mods without replacing the engine. Any help would be awesome thanx.

·
Registered
'85 Cadillac Fleetwood FWD Hearse '94 Sedan DeVille
62 Posts
Basically.....nope. There are few aftermarket performance mods out there marketed for cadillac's and if they are, they are just an excellent way to separate you from your money. A good tune up will do more for it than any "performance" parts. It is a FWD Cadillac....engineered for comfort and quietness...not so much for performance.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea just cause it has balls doesn't mean its a race car, if you wanted a sporty cadillac a 92-97 or 98-03 seville STS (not SLS) would have been the way to go and even then the aftermarket crap is limited, enjoy your 90 deville and casually cruise it, maybe smoke a few hondas now and then but that's it

·
Registered
1990 De Ville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea just cause it has balls doesn't mean its a race car, if you wanted a sporty cadillac a 92-97 or 98-03 seville STS (not SLS) would have been the way to go and even then the aftermarket crap is limited, enjoy your 90 deville and casually cruise it, maybe smoke a few hondas now and then but that's it
Im not looking to race it just to be better im always looking to "Improve" everything. I am also Curious were I can get a better manual then the ones from Auto Zone.

Thanx for all the help.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
maybe smoke a few hondas now and then but that's it
Nice one ! I've smoke quite a few different vehicles with my 2000 DTS and the last one i smoked was a 2010 Toyota Venza AWD and surprisingly i came close to a 2010 BMW 3 series !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts