Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1962 sedan deville
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning to everyone. new to the site. have a 1962 sedan deville. Igot the car about 2 years ago. local car, been in east arkansas since new. had 45684 miles when pulled out of the shed. have 48152 miles now. had new carpet and upholstery. motor runs good, a small miss in motor, think it might be a bent push rod. every one have a good day.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
:welcome: 1962 is a very fine year. I'm sure you'll have your motor issues sorted in no time. Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
1975 hearse, 1976 hearse
865 Posts
Congratulations on your find! 1962 was a gorgeous year. Before taking the motor apart, check the distributor cap for cracks, wires, and plugs. Old time ignition systems didn't throw much spark and age only makes it worse.

·
Registered
1962 sedan deville
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone for the welcome. have not had time to work on the 62. been busy working on my 500 cu. in cadillac engine in my 50 ford.

·
Registered
1962 sedan deville
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome bart. going out to the shop to work on the 62 today. tryed to start it yesterday day would not start and run. got to find new carb. nobody has old afb. don't know what to put on it.

·
Registered
1968 DeVille Convertible (current project)
157 Posts
If you want to buy one, check with [email protected]. He's always found what I needed at a good price. If yours was recently running, you could probably have it rebuilt locally for a good price.

·
Registered
1962 sedan deville
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks bart for the info. think i'm going with a edelbrock or barry grant. going to drive the 62 alittle this year more than going to car shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts