Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, new to the show. Been hangin out in the hinterlands for a few month's just seeing what goes on in here, and I like it for the most part. Sometimes you get somebody totally new/clueless about what they just bought and then some axxhxxlx decides to ream him just because he does not know what his car can do or not. Do not like that. Guess I will wait and see before I post an issue I might have.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! Don your chain mail armor and jump in !!!

Please update your profile so we know what you drive and/or what we're working on.........

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
Hello everybody, new to the show. Been hangin out in the hinterlands for a few month's just seeing what goes on in here, and I like it for the most part. Sometimes you get somebody totally new/clueless about what they just bought and then some axxhxxlx decides to ream him just because he does not know what his car can do or not. Do not like that. Guess I will wait and see before I post an issue I might have.
===========================
OK - so here is a Public Service Announcement for all totally new/clueless noob's -
so some axxhxxlx won't decide to ream him just because he does not know what his car can do or not -

before posting a dumb question or comment about what you just bought -
READ THE FRIGGIN OWNERS MANUAL - COVER-TO-COVER - TWICE -
the answer is probably in there -

oh ya - enjoy the forum

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
567 Posts
READ THE FRIGGIN OWNERS MANUAL - COVER-TO-COVER - TWICE -
the answer is probably in there -
Trouble is, the manual only shows how something is supposed to work.
If it doesn't work, more often than not it says only "See your dealer".

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Rberto, I gotta hand it to ya - exemplary patience with 2 months and not a single 1/2 baked un-researched question! Refreshing to find a newb finally who ain't just another 'That Guy'.

And basscatt made me laugh. Only one of MANY reasons my kids hated my guts growing up was before the first time they ever drove one of the cars they had to read the owner book - cover to cover - while I watched. A few good questions actually came out along with all their fussing and fuming. And we laugh about it now, but my daughter still harbors a special resentment even after 25 years from when I made her practice changing a tire right in the road. On a hill.

Oh yah, Rudy-, just put a little circle with a 1 inside next to "See your dealer" and write at the bottom of the page, "Go buy a GD MF FSM already!" They're only $50-100 and pay back 3-15x the cost the first time used. ;)

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
==========================
that's true -

also true -
and THAT is the point where this forum steps in -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well gotta tell ya, after reading . basscatn is an asscat and now i know why I am done with this blog. He is 1 of the reasons why I was skeptical about signing up.

.....meaning reading the owners manual TWICE. STILL DOES NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!!! .

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
567 Posts
Rberto:
Boy, reading your first post, it looked like you found humor in the very thing that seems to be pi$$ing you off now.
My impression is that basscat has probably forgotten more about cars than you'll ever learn.

Bye Felicia!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Thread locked for further comment.

The OP asked no vehicle questions, so the OP received no vehicle answers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.