Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Cadillac enthusiasts:

Glad to find this site for Cadillac owners. Have already seen lots of good information.

I'm on my second caddy, a 2004 DeVille DHS. Previously had a 2001 DHS, all black. Beautiful, but hard to keep clean. The new DHS is Cahsmere (beige) and a lot easier to look at when the salt starts hitting the road here in Northeast Ohio.

I lease my cars, at least the last four. GM keeps making great offers, so I end up with a new car every 2 to 3 years. I think I'm sticking with the Cadillac though. The DHS is a great car: smooth ride, good handling, plenty of power. Almost went for the DTS but the DHS has so many great standard luxury features.

Well, that's all for now. Look forward to visiting this forum often.

John Anderson

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

You seem to be a die hard caddy owner..... Hows the ownership and dealer experiences been so far???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as the car goes, I am extremely pleased with the quality, reliability and performance. Only problem with 2001 DHS was the heated seat went out last year. The dealer gave me another DeVille to use for a day while it was being repaired. Very minor, in my opinion.

The dealer, Crestmont Cadillac in Beachwood, OH, is outstanding. On the 2001 DHS, they showed me the invoice, without even asking. Esentially got it at invoice price (used in cap cost calculation for lease).

As I said before, I lease all my cars now. In this respect, GM is outstanding. For the 2004 DHS, I got $2000 in loyalty cash, $2000 in another incentive program, over $2100 from my GM card, and on top of that, the dealer discounted the car another $3000. The bottom line was that my lease payment for the new car remained the same. This was with a lower downpayment! The car is also 3 years newer and had the safety & security package (stabilitrak, rear park assist) added.

On the down side, I did go considerably over my allowed mileage on the 2001 DHS and will owe them about $2000 for excess mileage. But, you know what, I don't care! It's worth every mile I drove it! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts