Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new to me 1995 STS, so far I completely love this car. I never thought I'd like and automatic at all, anyway my question is:
I know that the temperature reading on my On Board Computer (OBC) is incorrect, which would also through off the climate control. Is there a way to have it checked for accuracy? I'm now wondering if any of the information can be trusted.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Is it inaccurate even on a cold start? The computer corrects the display for the heat put off by the radiator, so it may be compensating incorrectly. Another possibility is a dirty connection at the sensor at the front of the car. The values come from resistance, so dirty connection = more resistance = incorrect value.

·
Registered
586 Posts
the temp readding on my eldo was way off when i bought it. all i did to fix it was clean the end o the sensor then turn it so it points out the front of the car. It is the sensor that its handing down right beind the grill in the front of the car. see if cleanning ti and turning it helps... sometimes they get pushed down or compleetly backwars so they would be readding mostly engine heat from the radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts