Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here.

Been diving my new to me 2003 CTS for about three weeks now. Can't believe how much my wife and I love this car.

It has 48,000 km on it (29,800 miles) and is in mint condition. Bumped into this site and it looks very handy.

MY other vehicles include:
1965 Ford Mustang (289)
2003 Buick Rendezvous (family hauler)

I do have a question about defects and other items I should be aware of. So far the vehicle seems 100% and was a great deal.

I'm in Ontario Canada, and we can have some really cold days. I was worried after reading some posts about the PCV valve freezing issue witch causes the oil leak. How common is this issue and do you think I should just have the repair done and pay for it ahead of time? My wife will be driving it a lot with the kids in it, so I don't want to have it go when is -25C first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. I'm not familiar with the PCV valve freezing, but I'm sure a more helpful forum member will be along soon. Congrats on your new CTS.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
white diamond... good choice!!

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres a pic. Not a very nice shot, it was rainy this weekend. I'll take some better ones on a nicer day.

Seeing other white CTS's with cool chrome rims makes me really feel impulsive lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see some more Ontario people! You must make some of our meets :D

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
welcome dude... damn that CTS looks just like mine, as stock as it gets :) good pick with the color and low miles. As for driving your CTS in the winter lots of ppl do with me including, ie. KOZ lives in Alaska and i dont recall him complaining.
If your car is still under warranty consider replacing the graish ugly rear bezel with the newer one for free.
almost forgot... i just dont know about you letting your wife driving the CTS :)

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
welcome dude... damn that CTS looks just like mine, as stock as it gets :) good pick with the color and low miles. As for driving your CTS in the winter lots of ppl do with me including, ie. KOZ lives in Alaska and i dont recall him complaining.
If your car is still under warranty consider replacing the graish ugly rear bezel with the newer one for free.
almost forgot... i just dont know about you letting your wife driving the CTS :)
Welcome Philly!

BTW, Chico, Koz came over to the dark side. He has an STS now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts