Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville base
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum, watched various YouTube videos and I cant seem to find anything replicating my issue. I am getting code P0503 for the VSS, but not the random speed display on the dash , the "battery not charging" displays at start up (goes away driving) and the air bag light has stayed on once at idle then went off. I attempted to charge the battery myself (it was already fully charged), ordered a new oem VSS, and debating a voltage regulator (headlights pulsate faintly at idle) I don't want to start chasing electrical ghosts if someone has a better idea. car is a 99 Deville base w/118k mi. that was sitting for 6mos, previous owner couldn't get it to pass smog. she was 95yo and running regular unleaded... I got a good puff or two of carbon out the tailpipes when I pushed it hard uphill, floored, with super unleaded. any thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
Sharp rise, love the rims. I was thinking of getting those (brushed or polished) on my 92 but I'd wait for when I need new tires too (16 vs 15 inch rim)

Have you had the alternator tested?? Any auto parts store can run the test with a portable machine. Maybe call ahead to make sure they have one. Have the battery tested too, and run the tests a few times.

----------

Not too sure about the vss issue..

·
Registered
1999 Deville base
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its showing 13.6v on avg goes as high as 14.4v and as low as 11.1v (according to the dash display) hence my concern for the voltage regulator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts