Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:
Presently do not own a Cadillac. But am thinking about it and have googled. I am at heart a station wagon guy. I am limited in choice but do really like the 2010 - 1014 cts sport wagon. Prefer the 3.6 and the v wagon as nice as it is would cost be a fortune to drive !!!!! My question is this. I believe that the sport wagon received the newer 3.6 lfx engine in 2012. How is it looking on the timing chains on the new version ???? Or is it a non issue with this engine ?? Also I read that GM hardened the timing chain on the 2010 ??? 2011 ??? 3.6 l llt engine. Is this true ?? If so has this helped ???? Did the hardened upgraded chain make it into all 2010's ??? or only the 2011 s??? Anywhy any help would be appreciated. I am only in the early thoughts on buying one of these. But its a great looking wagon. Most things I am a diy ( I do own a 1999 Jaguar xk8 convertible ) But tearing down the front of the engine is not one of them !!!! tks again and now that I am a member will really check into the issues.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
No problems with the Wagon 3.6. It came out after the engine was updated.

I love wagons, so I will be the first to welcome you to our forum. But only after you post pictures when you buy one!!!

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks for the info Tinman.
Yeah station wagons are pretty much a thing of the past now. Except Europe. The last North American one I believe was the Dodge Magnum. Like that car except the front. Even with the frontal update in 2008 . I will be using the forum to research and when I am ready and find the right one should be good to go. Sport wagons are rare though. And I don't believe I have even seen one in my neck of the woods. Tks again and really appreciate your info.
Howard

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
What part do you hail from? My dealer just got one on his lot this weekend as I passed by this morning on my way to work. Could be worth the warm weather fly in and drive home. Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance is this coming weekend!

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
Welcome. It's refreshing to see a prospective Cadillac owner that does research and will know what to look for when it comes to handing over the $$ for a car (wagon). Might want to look into http://www.cargurus.com/ They provide good info, and you can look nationwide, or local for your desired wagon. It may not show all wagons on there, but it does let you compare how others are going on the market. Interestingly, I looked and there's a red wagon in my backyard for $20K. Might swing by the place just to look and see.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
The one for sale here is 49,000 miles $18,900. Looks like a Performance Package, but no confirmation. I know they only take good trade-ins and don't buy at auction.

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tks all:
But so close and yet so far ( I live in Newfoundland Canada ) haha
I will have to limit my search area to perhaps Ontario and Eastern Canada
My plans so far is for a late spring summer early fall car
And garage it during the road salt winters
But do appreciate the help
Its a little to early for me to go looking yet but the 2010-1014 cts wagons appear to not have any glaring issues ( correct me if I am wrong)
Tks again
Howard

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
We always welcome our Canadian friends.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
3.6 is a solid engine and a good choice. LFX has a few minor upgrades. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
My plans so far is for a late spring summer early fall car
And garage it during the road salt winters
Oh, so you only want to drive it 1 week a year....no worries then. anything will run for a week. :)

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
How cold does it actually get there? You have the maritime influence, just wondered. Also, don't you have a marathon or another type of running race there during your one week of summer? How heavily influenced are you by Quebec? Does Newfoundland want to secede?

Real questions...

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha Actually we are influenced by the ocean and the island portion ( where I live ) is actually pretty good temp wise. Winters can be mild and cold and heavy snow and or little snow . But and its a big one it has generally all around crappy winter weather with short really nice summers and nice falls (lol) lots of fog rain drizzle freezing drizzle freezing fog ( yup it does happen ) high winds and usually horrible weather. Gotta grab the nice days when you can. We were last to join Canada (1949) . To my American friends they built air bases here during the 2nd world war and was a refueling point for ferrying aircraft to Europe. Also there was a tragic shipwrecks during the war with American ships ( google USS Truxtun, USS Pollux, and USS Wilkes )Yeah the Targa rally is here every year. And I have missed it but they take some very exotic machines and drive the crap out of them . One ended up in the ocean. Talk about salt !! Roads are almost all paved but very bad in spring as potholes and frost heave. ( ie no sport suspension for me !!!) After all the negatives it is an island and a very beautiful place with varied geology and long history ) I usually get about 5-6 months with the convertible though with the heat on in early spring and late fall. But they use a ton of road salt here do the snow storm followed by a temp rise followed by rain and freezing rain followed by sub zero temps !! So if you want to keep a car a long time when the salt hits the pavement the car is garaged. Any rally people you should google the Targa. Anywhoo enough blah blah blah. Tks again and am going down through the threads and posts seeing whats on the go with the Cts

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Thank you. I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
2010 Black CTS 3.6L RWD , 2010 Silver CTS 3.6L RWD
51 Posts
Hi hdsg
2010 and up a good choice for any engine imp. I have 2 CTS both 2010 and so far pleased. Nfld is a great place however I could not handle the weather on the Avalon peninsula. From Gander to corner brook though is beautiful in that central area, still short summer but much nicer year round than the Avalon.

----------

I mean imo

·
Registered
09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere
404 Posts
Certainly don't want to hijack this thread.
Quick comment on the side.....I'm actually from Quebec and all my relatives live in Quebec. Ironically, I've never been to Nfld...I hear it's beautiful all year round.! - and even in winter we Canadians are all used to !!! :)

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Certainly don't want to hijack this thread.
Quick comment on the side.....I'm actually from Quebec and all my relatives live in Quebec. Ironically, I've never been to Nfld...I hear it's beautiful all year round.! - and even in winter we Canadians are all used to !!! :)
Too late, like2drive. We've already hijacked it! :hijacked:

·
Registered
2010 Black CTS 3.6L RWD , 2010 Silver CTS 3.6L RWD
51 Posts
Attn HDSG,
If you need something checked out in the halton hills area let me know; anything for a fellow cod brother.
P.S. If anyone wants to talk cold weather just look on the map for Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, that is where I spent the 1st 18yrs of my life till I came to my senses, lol, Now after 25 yrs in Ontario I would love to continue south another 1000-2000 miles and I will be happy, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts